Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    I must be missing something. I downloaded the zip file, extracted the ipk, installed it with Web OS Quick Install, and rebooted my phone. It's not showing up in my program lists ... I'm using WebOS 1.2.1. Anyone else have this problem?
    works like a great
    Did you have to root your device before you did it, or shouldn't the WebOS Installer take care of that part?
    Quote Originally Posted by psalzman View Post
    I must be missing something. I downloaded the zip file, extracted the ipk, installed it with Web OS Quick Install, and rebooted my phone. It's not showing up in my program lists ... I'm using WebOS 1.2.1. Anyone else have this problem?
    What version of WebOSQuickInstall do you have? Does Device Management show anything installed?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Works like a charm!
    So if I skipped the step to install the driver, how do I get that prompt to show up again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    What version of WebOSQuickInstall do you have? Does Device Management show anything installed?
    Hi Jason,

I'm using 1.4. Device Mgmt does show all the other programs that are installed, but not mytether. I also tried installing from Preload, but it failed as well.

I just saw that 2.6 or 2.7 of WebOS QI has been released, I'll download the update and see if that changes the outcome.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Awesome -- thanks. I knew someone would figure out a way to make the "rooting" version of MyTether work again.

I am in the camp that does not like the "mandatory donation" nomenclature w/r/t MyTether

FWIW -- I manually replaced the sd8xxx.ko file rebooted and AoNet was back in my wireless networks.
    wireless is working again..thank you. --question---- why is AoNet always showing on my wireless network even if i have mytether off?
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Works great! Thanks a ton, was really missing this but I couldn't afford to buy it.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP GUYS, the pre community is awesome!
    thanks a lot
    it really helped out!
    works like great sex to me!!
    PS.dunno if i can say that aloud here ooooops.
    Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDCONTRA View Post
    wireless is working again..thank you. --question---- why is AoNet always showing on my wireless network even if i have mytether off?
    I think it's because your other computer's cache (or remember) the access point.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I just filed a claim w/ PayPal to get a refund for the $15 I sent this person. I paid for this over 3 weeks ago and NEVER received the information needed to receive the pay version. In addition, (3) emails went unaswered and (1) PM via precentral forums went unaswered. I don't know who this joker is, but his business skills leave alot to be desired. BUYER BEWARE!
    1st of all thanks to Jason Really great work! Keep it up! 2nd I have a quick question. I got everything installed (Via WebOSquick Install and your .zip package) and get to see the AoNet but its asking me for a password and shows up as needing a password. Am I doing something incorrectly? Or do I need to follow additional steps? thanks again!

Kevin
    Sorry for the double post.

*edited for Double post.
    can this be downloaded with preware?
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdaddy View Post
    1st of all thanks to Jason Really great work! Keep it up! 2nd I have a quick question. I got everything installed (Via WebOSquick Install and your .zip package) and get to see the AoNet but its asking me for a password and shows up as needing a password. Am I doing something incorrectly? Or do I need to follow additional steps? thanks again!

Kevin
    Yes, something went wrong. MyTether 1.5 doesn't have WEP support.

Try uninstalling via WebOS Quick Install, reboot your Pre, and then reinstall. Failing that, uninstall, reboot, install MyTether manually and then follow my initial instructions in the first post. If all else fails, PM me and I'll try to walk you through it.

By the way Jason, does uninstalling your package through WebOS Quick Install put back the "new" WebOS 1.2 wifi driver?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Hmm, I've installed the ipk on the second page and rebooted but I still have no icon for this? How do I launch this?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigddybn View Post
    Hmm, I've installed the ipk on the second page and rebooted but I still have no icon for this? How do I launch this?
    which version of WOSQI did you use?
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast