Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos94080 View Post
    to get wifi working without breaking anything just download mobile hotspot and ryans free tether and u get wifi working again =) dont forget to thanks

this is what i do step by step

Install one by one with WebOS QI
    us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7
    us.ryanhope.freetether_0.0.1_all
    com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.3_all

Open freeTether
    Check that both options (IP Forwarding and NAT) are ENABLED

Open Mobile HotSpot
    If first time
    Set SSID
    Set Encryption Type
    Set PassPhrase
    Turn it ON

ok sooo tried everything and even found Mobile Hotspot in Preware..... and keep getting a pop up from Sprint saying you don't have the right plan for this please contact your carrier

Admin. must of pulled the original thread because it's gone the one that had the Mobile Hotspot download in it..... it was also in preware about 15 min ago i downloaded and installed it.... got a pop up message from Sprint saying i didn't have the right plan to run this app. please contact your carrier.
    i installed freetether and tried it still got the same message.
    Uninstalled Mobile Hotspot..... NOW preware when you try to install Moblie Hotspot it says this app. is not avaliable for your carrier......

SPRINT is getting smarter like i've been saying all day....... kinda glad i still have Mytether
    Quote Originally Posted by honda07si View Post
    ok sooo tried everything and even found Mobile Hotspot in Preware..... and keep getting a pop up from Sprint saying you don't have the right plan for this please contact your carrier

Admin. must of pulled the original thread because it's gone the one that had the Mobile Hotspot download in it..... it was also in preware about 15 min ago i downloaded and installed it.... got a pop up message from Sprint saying i didn't have the right plan to run this app. please contact your carrier.
    Uninstalled Mobile Hotspot..... NOW preware when you try to install Moblie Hotspot it says this app. is not avaliable for your carrier......

SPRINT is getting smarter like i've been saying all day....... kinda glad i still have Mytether
    It was probably because you downloaded the Hotspot for the Pre Plus...
    I've been a MyTether user and donor since it first came out. I've watched the app fall apart with each update. MyTether is a thing of the past now. It's more of a hack now then an actual app. It was great back in the day, but FreeTether is a much better solution... Even if Aonic fixes it, i'm still sticking with FreeTether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I've been a MyTether user and donor since it first came out. I've watched the app fall apart with each update. MyTether is a thing of the past now. It's more of a hack now then an actual app. It was great back in the day, but FreeTether is a much better solution... Even if Aonic fixes it, i'm still sticking with FreeTether.
    i agree Mytether is falling apart but it works.... if freetether can be used without mobile hotspot i'd be all for it but i can't seem to figure out if freetether works without mobile hotspot..... i just don't like the idea of gettin a Offical App. thats been released on Verizon and using it on Sprints network.... just seems like since it's a Offical App. sprint could track it eaiser
    i agree Mytether is falling apart but it works.... if freetether can be used without mobile hotspot i'd be all for it but i can't seem to figure out if freetether works without mobile hotspot..... i just don't like the idea of gettin a Offical App. thats been released on Verizon and using it on Sprints network.... just seems like since it's a Offical App. sprint could track it eaiser
    I'm sure FreeTether and Mobile Hotspot will get merged into a single app soon enough. I have completely lost faith in MyTether tho.. I don't think Aonic is skilled enough to make a stable tethering app that doesn't mess up the phone.

just intall by webos qick install
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'm sure FreeTether and Mobile Hotspot will get merged into a single app soon enough. I have completely lost faith in MyTether tho.. I don't think Aonic is skilled enough to make a stable tethering app that doesn't mess up the phone.
    Am I the only one here who is grateful that aonic did a great job putting together an app that was extremely useful while it lasted???
    Quote Originally Posted by retsamhgiht View Post
    Am I the only one here who is grateful that aonic did a great job putting together an app that was extremely useful while it lasted???
    As I said before, I've been a donor and user of MyTether since it first came out. I donated to Aonic because I appreciated his work. It used to be a great app. Now it's a mess. He isn't even around anymore to help out everyone to donated to him.
    so does mytether nott workk anymore? because i turn itt on n my computer doesntt findd tha networkk which i findd kindda weirdd
    the evolution of mytether can be followed here by donors My Tether :: Donors Only

And for the record with all of Palm's Atempts to stop tethering it is amazing that Aonic kept a wifi tethering solution for those who needed it in a pinch.. otherwise bluetooth and usb tethering have always remained stable after each mytether update to fix whatever palm has broke. Untill now Puffy aka Ryan had no hope of wifi tethering without breaking other phone functionality in free tether. but with the mobile hot spot service it opens a few more doors. None the less the do it all and dummy proof solution remains to be mytether. and with the new wifi beta its amazing. still in works but im sure will be perfected shortly.
    MatterOfFactJack
    I am able to connect with the ryanhope.freetetherd ipk but no internet access in my PC. I have tried to enable mobile hotspot and check that both options (IP Forwarding and NAT) are ENABLED. I appreciate your help. Thanks.
    has anyone else had the free mytether mess up their calendar
    Last edited by Shadowrogue; 02/05/2010 at 12:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ace23jc View Post
    No i'm not sure what that is? I thought mytether was the only program out there that would get it done?
    it's inside mytether turn it on enable DHCP restart ur pre turn mytether usbnet and DHCP back on go to device manager on ur laptop then under network adapters look for the usb network adapter(can't remember what it's called but usb is in it) update the drivers enable it and it will start working instantly
  14.    #374  
    Okay I finally updated the OP with the latest information on getting tethering working again. The FreeTether app is not needed, only the FreeTether daemon and Jason's patch. Instructions mirrored in this post for people who haven't checked the OP

*UPDATED FOR MOBILE HOTSPOT AND WEBOS 1.3.5*

1) Download WebOSQuick Install 3.01
    2) Download Mobile Hotspot Package
    3) Enable Developer Mode on your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOS-Internals
    - In Card view or in the Launcher application, type the following: webos20090606
    - Tap the resulting Developer Mode Enabler icon.
    - In the application, move the Developer Mode slider to the On position.
    - Tap "Reset the Device"
    - When reset is complete, Developer mode is enabled
    4) Connect your Pre to your computer and select "Charge Only"
    5) Using WebOS QuickInstall, first install "us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk" and "com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.3_all.ipk"
    6) Next, install "auto-enable-ip-forwarding-in-mobile-hotspot.patch"
    7) Reboot your phone

That's all it takes. Now you should have the Mobile Hotspot app in your Launcher and be ready to go.
    new version of mytether came out 2.1.0
    I just wanted to say thanks. This worked like just as described, took less than 5 minutes to do. I also like the fact that it tells you which device is connected to your phone. Nice touches. Keep up the great work, I hope it doesn't break in 1.4.
    Just installed and working great. Thank you very much. Awsome! Nice job.
    I installed this on my Pre Webos 1.4 and now my wifi doesn't work. I uninstalled it and still the Wifi won't work. Any ideas?
    go to google and search: how to install mobile hotspot and look for a precentral web page then click on that it's a long a brutal process and a alot of tranfering files and coping files and deleting files! A big mess if you ask me. Much luck
    hey, can someone help me... Maybe by posting a direct link to mytether 1.5.. Or even email yahoo me the file at yamortgagemoney