Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos94080 View Post
    myther 2.0.4 wifi works
    Seriously?
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 01/09/2010 at 09:37 PM.
    myther 2.0.4 wifi works
    I would advise people not to use this. It's not just because I feel that it's wrong that this dude is giving away someone else's hard work. THE WIFI PATCH BREAKS CAMERA AND GAMES. It causes more damage to your phone than it's worth. Feel free to try it out and learn for yourselves tho.
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 01/09/2010 at 09:37 PM.
    this intaller is out there for free thats wer i got.. but garret92c is right it does break ur camera wen the patch is on but wen u disable the patch the camera works again
    I must be missing an important step with regards to the FreeTether. I got it installed, added the service, opened up the usbnet and when I attached it to my laptop I get the IP address and the USB Information IP address. What do I have to do on my laptop in order to connect to the internet?

The AoNet on my Laptop seems to be connected but it says that it's waiting for user to connect. It's Vista.
    Last edited by jiveturkey; 01/09/2010 at 09:29 PM.
    this intaller is out there for free thats wer i got.. but garret92c is right it does break ur camera wen the patch is on but wen u disable the patch the camera works again
    There have also been known problems with the new games that only a trip to the WebOS Doctor can fix. I would recommend staying away from this version of MyTether. It is not meant for 1.3.5 and up, and there is no known fix yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jiveturkey View Post
    I must be missing an important step with regards to the FreeTether. I got it installed, added the service, opened up the usbnet and when I attached it to my laptop I get the IP address and the USB Information IP address. What do I have to do on my laptop in order to connect to the internet?

The AoNet on my Laptop seems to be connected but it says that it's waiting for user to connect. It's Vista.
    Make sure to turn off your laptop's wifi and your phone's wifi.
    I've done that but when I go to "Connect to" there aren't any options available. When I have WiFi enabled on my laptop the AoNet network is available.

Do I need to install the USBnet on my laptop? Or anything else?
    I got it figured out. This is apparently the easiest way to install USBnet on Vista.

Instructions for USBNet on Vista & Vista 64bit by mu7efcer
    1. On Pre: in the My Tether program turn on usbnet.
    2. Reboot Pre and open My Tether again and turn on DHCP
    3. Plug in Pre to USB on Vista
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore.
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I wake up and its all clear thanks for the new posts. My desktop works fine but my laptop has the "Pre USBnet" connection on DISABLE. I did turn off the phone and the laptop (WINXP) wifi but that this not help. Setting Enable did not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    I wake up and its all clear thanks for the new posts. My desktop works fine but my laptop has the "Pre USBnet" connection on DISABLE. I did turn off the phone and the laptop (WINXP) wifi but that this not help. Setting Enable did not work.
    did you install the drivers for your laptop?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Yes over and over again
    Open up Terminal on the Pre and type in
    Code:
    usbnet enable
    Then everything should start working. Are you using freeTether or MyTether? I suggest using freeTether by the way.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Using freeTether which I see is now easily available via Preware. I deleted MyTether (free) as it didn't work on the laptop either. I set up usbnet via the webinternals site and checked via terminal "ifconfig" that usbnet is working and it works perfectly on my desktop but not laptop :-(.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Using freeTether which I see is now easily available via Preware. I deleted MyTether (free) as it didn't work on the laptop either. I set up usbnet via the webinternals site and checked via terminal "ifconfig" that usbnet is working and it works perfectly on my desktop but not laptop :-(.
    Strange. Are you sure that your laptop's AND Pre's wifi is off? Are you tethering through USB or Bluetooth? Maybe it'd be better if you asked some "more experienced" people than me?
    Okay, I have the newest update of webos, and I just accidently bricked my wifi by not reading the entire thread, do I have any options to get wifi back other then wiping with the "doc"?
    Quote Originally Posted by tryst54656 View Post
    Okay, I have the newest update of webos, and I just accidently bricked my wifi by not reading the entire thread, do I have any options to get wifi back other then wiping with the "doc"?
    Try using webOS Repair Utility
    wrong version, unless I also skipped over a post for one that works with 1.3.5.1???
    wrong version, unless I also skipped over a post for one that works with 1.3.5.1???
    Crud, you are right. What files did you replace on your phone?
    I think it was just the wifi driver people were saying got broken by using the older one, wifi won't enable.
    I think it was just the wifi driver people were saying got broken by using the older one, wifi won't enable.
    Did you back it up?