Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    im new to this whole thing... help? how do i do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by ieatpasta View Post
    i think u lie. its just a man, 2 man, and his thing like that of helicopter. . . where to find that link?
    HaHaHaaaaa. Lmao.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    is this app dead? usb and wifi doesnt work for me... n e help please? using 1.50 my tether and 1.3.1
    just installed mytether with the official installer and then followed the patching tutiorial in the first post. Strange thing is that it is called "PmNetConfigManager" allready so i dont have to change anything right?
    anyway, wifi tether doesnt work.... or do i still have to inject the old wlan driver?

PS: im running 1.3.1
  5. TBH
    Same here, and no Bluetooth-option available??

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    just installed mytether with the official installer and then followed the patching tutiorial in the first post. Strange thing is that it is called "PmNetConfigManager" allready so i dont have to change anything right?
    anyway, wifi tether doesnt work.... or do i still have to inject the old wlan driver?

PS: im running 1.3.1
    Any news if this works with 1.3.5 (even though it was broke in 1.3.1)?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    still works
    Any updates here? I would really like me some freetether?
    My phone did an update and installed the webOS 1.3.5.1 and now I'm not able to tether. I just got the tethering and now its gone....HELP PLEASE!
    Could someone please write up a step by step to tether for free, for windows 7 x64 or vista x64?

Or point me to a link to do so
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Quote Originally Posted by RBEAMON View Post
    My phone did an update and installed the webOS 1.3.5.1 and now I'm not able to tether. I just got the tethering and now its gone....HELP PLEASE!
    After my 1.3.5 update I had to uninstall then reinstall MyTether. Once it's installed, choose options and turn on USBNet then restart the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    After my 1.3.5 update I had to uninstall then reinstall MyTether. Once it's installed, choose options and turn on USBNet then restart the phone.
    but this help the wifi in my tether? I ned a way to put the wifi working again. I need help please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion747 View Post
    but this help the wifi in my tether? I ned a way to put the wifi working again. I need help please.
    I know where you're coming from, I needed wifi for xbox live. As of right now the wifi for free version of MyTether doesn't work. I had to break down and get the donation version which disables your camera to use the Wifi patch. If your desperate you can donate at the applications homepage...
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    Could someone please write up a step by step to tether for free, for windows 7 x64 or vista x64?

Or point me to a link to do so
    For any problems with Free MyTether enter the following code in either Terminal or Linux Comandline in WebOS Quick Install:

Code:
    wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh
    This will uninstall all versions of MyTether and install a working version good for 1.3.5.1 which I'm using right now to post this. I don't know about how to enable Wi-Fi since I only use the USB Tether.

All this information and how to install drivers (Even for Win7,X64,etc...) is on this page:
    http://forums.precentral.net/1735750-post1.html
    Last edited by deesugar; 01/08/2010 at 11:56 AM.
    gracias deesugar! .... best and simplest way out ... posting from my tethered phone right now ... for anyone wondering about the win7 64 usb gadget driver install look below .. i just copied this from the tutorial deesugar posted the link for and I can confirm it works in win 7 64 bit:

Instructions for USBNet on Vista & Vista 64bit by mu7efcer
    1. On Pre: in the My Tether program turn on usbnet.
    2. Reboot Pre and open My Tether again and turn on DHCP
    3. Plug in Pre to USB on Vista
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore. (this might not happen proceed to the next step anyway i didnt get the dialogue but it was listed in the device manager anyway)
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next.
    Last edited by mobilenewman; 01/08/2010 at 02:06 PM.
    I really don't want to disable the camera and re-enable all the time to get a working wifi tether. Anyone talk to the creator of this software to know if he's got an update in the works?
    Quote Originally Posted by xtravbx View Post
    I really don't want to disable the camera and re-enable all the time to get a working wifi tether. Anyone talk to the creator of this software to know if he's got an update in the works?
    A working wifi tether in 1.3.5 and later, which does not involve replacing the wifi drivers with old, broken drivers and essentially breaking the phones Linux, will involve quite a bit of very low-level programming work.

To date, that has not been done by anyone.

If you are willing to live with USB and Bluetooth tethering instead of wifi, then I strongly recommend using Ryan's Freetether, which is available from the webos Internals testing feeds at Search Results for "preware.net"

You will need to download the freetether IPK from the webos-internals testing all feed and install it. it isn't not yet public in preware.

That said, it's there, it works, and it's utterly safe.

But no wifi. And no WORKING wifi which does not otherwise break the phone anytime terribly soon.

But then again, things change, software is released, cool things happen.

While there's life there's hope. But I strongly urge you to move to Ryan's freetether.
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    A working wifi tether in 1.3.5 and later, which does not involve replacing the wifi drivers with old, broken drivers and essentially breaking the phones Linux, will involve quite a bit of very low-level programming work.

To date, that has not been done by anyone.

If you are willing to live with USB and Bluetooth tethering instead of wifi, then I strongly recommend using Ryan's Freetether, which is available from the webos Internals testing feeds at Search Results for "preware.net"

You will need to download the freetether IPK from the webos-internals testing all feed and install it. it isn't not yet public in preware.

That said, it's there, it works, and it's utterly safe.

But no wifi. And no WORKING wifi which does not otherwise break the phone anytime terribly soon.

But then again, things change, software is released, cool things happen.

While there's life there's hope. But I strongly urge you to move to Ryan's freetether.
    So does Freetether break Wifi? You confused me at the "no WORKING wifi" part. I only USB tether, so that is all I am really interested in using. Mytether is working fine for me rright now but I would be interested in freetether just to fiddle with.
    PM me if you want the donation version of my tether for free that works with 1.3.5.1 wifi too
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos94080 View Post
    PM me if you want the donation version of my tether for free that works with 1.3.5.1 wifi too
    That's really classy, dude.

"Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD