Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    jason's version wouldn't even work with 1.2.1

I tried it also after I updated......does the same thing.....not work....
    Hmm... thats strange because it worked fine for me on 1.2.1.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzo View Post
    It seems there has been a miss-communication. There is not yet a new .ipk that makes the free Mytether app work on 1.3.1. What myself and a few others are referring to is we bricked our wifi by using the old .ipk so we wanted to roll back the changes so we can get it working again.

What happened was I used the old .ipk file that Jason put together (allowed Mytether to work on 1.2.1) which replaced the wifi driver with the older version. In 1.2.1 this re-enabled adhoc connection on the wifi which allowed Mytether to work properly over wifi. In 1.3.1 there seems to have been some major enough changes that by using the old .ipk you actually brick your wifi all together.

In short, Don't use the 1.2.1 .ipk install package that Jason put together on 1.3.1 or you will brick your wifi all together. I'm sure a new .ipk file will be out soon enough that works with 1.3.1.
    do you find that after doing this, the wifi will not turn off even the screen is dark?
    This file is only if you bricked your wifi. It will not restore my tether functionality.[/QUOTE]

I tried this file, and sent it to my pre to restore my bricked wifi on 1.3.1.
    I followed the instructions with no error, but still it is bricked.
    I even rebooted several times, no luck. Has anyone else tried the above link for sd8xxx.ko?
    Maybe it is not the right version? anything else I can verify?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    No luck getting wifi to work so far, but BT and USB tethering is fixed.

Sorry for no easier way to do this yet, but I'd like to get everything working again if possible before I start uploading stuff.

Assuming you have the free MyTether installed, do the following:
    1) Copy /usr/lib/luna/java/TetherService.jar to your computer (WinSCP is the easiest way)
    2) Open TetherService.jar in a program like WinRar or 7zip
    3) Extract /net/aonic/tether/usb.sh
    4) Open usb.sh in a text editor
    5) Change the two references of "PmConnectionManager" to "PmNetConfigManager"
    6) Save and add the file back into TetherService.jar
    7) Replace on your device
    THANK YOU!

I'm so glad to have tethering back with 1.3.1, this worked perfectly. I tether through bluetooth on my mac and I have no problems now.
  5.    #225  
    Aonic updated the free MyTether installer to fix wired tethering automatically.

Paste the following into a shell prompt or in "Command Line Access" in WebOS QuickInstall

wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh

No wifi tethering as of yet.
    Aonic updated the free MyTether installer to fix wired tethering automatically.

Paste the following into a shell prompt or in "Command Line Access" in WebOS QuickInstall

wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh

No wifi tethering as of yet.
    Do you know if this version is any different than the code change in usb.sh?

Edit: I can confirm the updated MyTether is, in fact, different from the code change posted above. MyTether no longer thinks it is on when initially opened.
    Last edited by Conceyted; 11/17/2009 at 11:12 AM.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if mytheter works on the pixi?
    Aonic, you are the man, thanks for the hard work. Mytether is alive again!! unfortunately, my wifi is still bricked. Can you send me the correct 1.3 sd8xxx.ko to fix it?
    it would be much appreciated.
    Read this article about free mytether (v1.5.1)
    Free My Tether Back to Life in 1.3.1

Best part... Both supported and it wont brick your Phone... Also no False USB tethering on bug.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by djheckatight View Post
    Aonic, you are the man, thanks for the hard work. Mytether is alive again!! unfortunately, my wifi is still bricked. Can you send me the correct 1.3 sd8xxx.ko to fix it?
    it would be much appreciated.
    Every page on this thread references this issue. Please read around. Anytime you are looking for an answer, at least read the first page as well as the last 2 or 3 pages of any thread. Most current issues will be found.
    so no ETR on the wifi not working issue. I read a lot and everyone just states it does not work but when will it work.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
  12.    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    so no ETR on the wifi not working issue. I read a lot and everyone just states it does not work but when will it work.
    Aonic has the paid version working again, or close to working. I managed to get ad-hoc networking up and running again in 1.3, but it breaks other services and I don't have the time or energy to fix it for free seeing as how I don't even tether haha (and no I don't want donations). BT and USB seem to be it for the time being.

Sorry to disappoint. Maybe someone else will step in and keep maintaining this old version of MyTether, but Palm clearly doesn't want wireless tethering so it seems safe to expect it to break every monthly WebOS version in a new and exciting way.
    Aonic has the paid version working again, or close to working. I managed to get ad-hoc networking up and running again in 1.3, but it breaks other services and I don't have the time or energy to fix it for free seeing as how I don't even tether haha (and no I don't want donations). BT and USB seem to be it for the time being.

Sorry to disappoint. Maybe someone else will step in and keep maintaining this old version of MyTether, but Palm clearly doesn't want wireless tethering so it seems safe to expect it to break every monthly WebOS version in a new and exciting way.
    Bingo... lol all the bells and whistles for wifi tethering are still there for the free version for advanced users.. but if you ask me usb and bt tethering are a better and more reliable source... donor version does have wifi tethering working... as lethal said just like his experince it breaks other features of the phone when wifi tethering but the app in itself allows the phone to revert back and allow all the other features and break wifi tethering on the fly... i am pretty sure this is a temp fix. for those who want wifi now on 1.3.1 hopefully in time there will be a better solution.
    MatterOfFactJack

Would you mind it if I took over from here to re-enable the tethering? if their are enough changes that need to be made though then it might be completely reworked, IE rebranded. it seems as though the source is open from the other thread so if I get it done it will end up with another name for free. no donations whatsoever, no strings. theirs many folks here that know that this is right up my alley as it would not be the first time i've helped many by building a free alternative to a paid app that some guy was charging as insane price for. lemme know if you think this is ok to do.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary Tech View Post
    Would you mind it if I took over from here to re-enable the tethering? if their are enough changes that need to be made though then it might be completely reworked, IE rebranded. it seems as though the source is open from the other thread so if I get it done it will end up with another name for free. no donations whatsoever, no strings. theirs many folks here that know that this is right up my alley as it would not be the first time i've helped many by building a free alternative to a paid app that some guy was charging as insane price for. lemme know if you think this is ok to do.
    By all means, please do. I know I would greatly appreciate it.
    but my tether is free as is
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    but my tether is free as is
    Yes this is true, but its second class compared to the donation version. For example no security for Wifi (assuming it will be fixed again on the free version). It also feels like the free version is a bit ignored. Just enough work is done on it to keep it functional.

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate all the work aonic has done to get us a tethering app, but I always prefer to have a couple of options available so things don't get stale. In the end competition makes for better products.
    Hey guys,

i used MyTether 1.5 on WebOS 1.1.3 before without any problems. Plugged my Pre via USB to the laptop and connected to AoNet via WiFi. But since the WebOS 1.3 update MyTether isn't working anymore. I can switch on WiFi and USB Tethering, but the WiFi Network AoNet isn't found. Why? Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance.
    Marco
  19.    #239  
    Oh feel free, I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate it.

The biggest problem I've found right now is that simply using the old WebOS 1.2 files to reenable tethering causes the media services to stop working properly. Writing a script to switch out the files and reboot will theoretically work, but requiring a reboot every time you start or stop using MyTether isn't a viable solution, imo.

It may be helpful to run a diff on related packages to compare the 1.2 and 1.3 changes. Palm finally posted the source to 1.3 on opensource.palm.com.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Oh feel free, I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate it.

The biggest problem I've found right now is that simply using the old WebOS 1.2 files to reenable tethering causes the media services to stop working properly. Writing a script to switch out the files and reboot will theoretically work, but requiring a reboot every time you start or stop using MyTether isn't a viable solution, imo.

It may be helpful to run a diff on related packages to compare the 1.2 and 1.3 changes. Palm finally posted the source to 1.3 on opensource.palm.com.
    if the source is available.... couldn't someone simply recreate a new driver that has the functionality of both? I've never written a driver so I wouldn't know....
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.