Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1.    #201  
    No luck getting wifi to work so far, but BT and USB tethering is fixed.

Sorry for no easier way to do this yet, but I'd like to get everything working again if possible before I start uploading stuff.

Assuming you have the free MyTether installed, do the following:
    1) Copy /usr/lib/luna/java/TetherService.jar to your computer (WinSCP is the easiest way)
    2) Open TetherService.jar in a program like WinRar or 7zip
    3) Extract /net/aonic/tether/usb.sh
    4) Open usb.sh in a text editor
    5) Change the two references of "PmConnectionManager" to "PmNetConfigManager"
    6) Save and add the file back into TetherService.jar
    7) Replace on your device
    BT Tethering works great for me! Thanks so much!

Followed the excellent instructions given and uploaded my version here.

Download TetherService.jar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post

Sorry for no easier way to do this yet, but I'd like to get everything working again if possible before I start uploading stuff.

1) Copy /usr/lib/luna/java/TetherService.jar to your computer (WinSCP is the easiest way)
    Thanks, this works for USB tethering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzo View Post
    PM me your email address and I will send you it.
    I will also send you my email address to your pm, thanks, and this will fix the broken wifi????
    Quote Originally Posted by haderach View Post
    I rooted the Pre and did everything via the command line. I kept a copy of the 1.3.1 version just in case it didn't work.

Steps to revert: (kept 1.3.1 copy in /home/root/sd8xxx.ko.1.3.1)
    1. Root the pre (developer mode, login via novaterm)
    2. type: mount -o remount,rw /
    3. type: cd /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/net/wifi/
    4. type: cp /home/root/sd8xxx.ko.1.3.1 sd8xxx.ko
    5. exit and reboot

I did the same steps for installing the working module from 1.2.1. If anyone notices something wrong with my steps, please let me know. Thanks.
    I tried this in my terminal app on the pre via preware, it will not work. how do I do via novaterm??? prob a stupid question?? Or is there an easier way to get the new wifi driver back??? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post

Excellent job, sir! Thank you very much for this.

Hope you don't mind, but in an effort to make your instructions as user friendly as possible, I have elaborated on a few steps.

Here is a simple way to do this using WebOSQuickInstall:

1) Connect your Pre via USB and open WebOSQuickInstall.
    2) Select Tools from the top menu of WebOSQuickInstall and then click Receive File.
    3) In the File input box you will type the following: /usr/lib/luna/java/TetherService.jar
    4) Click the ... button and select where you would like to store the file on your computer. (Clicking this button may take a short while to open a file dialogue screen. Just be patient)
    5) Click Get From Device! You have now copied /usr/lib/luna/java/TetherService.jar to your computer.
    6) Open TetherService.jar in a program like WinRar or 7zip
    7) Extract /net/aonic/tether/usb.sh
    8) Open usb.sh in a text editor
    9) Change the two references of "PmConnectionManager" to "PmNetConfigManager"
    10) Be sure your Pre is connected via USB and WebOSQuickInstall is opened, then select Tools from the top menu of WebOSQuickInstall and then click Send File.
    11) Use the ... button to locate your newly edited TetherService.jar
    12) In the Destination Folder input box you will type the following: /usr/lib/luna/java/
    13) Click Send To Device!
    14) You may now close all windows in WebOSQuickInstall and try tethering your Pre via USB as you once did.
    Last edited by Conceyted; 11/16/2009 at 04:21 PM.
    hmm... not working for me... has anyone else gotten this to work with windows 7? reinstalling the windows drivers per the instructions in the paid tether app thread keeps throwing up errors.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    can't you just give us the ipk??

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Followed the instructions for changing the file in the free version and had no issues getting it to work. Running windows 7 and used the QI method to retrieve and transfer back the file.
    thanks to leathal and conceyted....

-
    T
    How do I fix my phone so regular WiFi works? The posts above show how to fix MyTether/USB...I don't care about MyTether anymore. I just want my regular WiFi back .
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Read the previous page of this thread and the first page of the thread. Download the file that Auzo hosted on the previous page, and follow the instructions on the first page to update the file.
    Quote Originally Posted by haderach View Post
    Read the previous page of this thread and the first page of the thread. Download the file that Auzo hosted on the previous page, and follow the instructions on the first page to update the file.
    That was close. lol.

Just before I refreshed to see your post, I checked the front page and did just like you suggested. All better .
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    worked for me....thanks to all!
  14.    #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    can't you just give us the ipk??
    Because I don't have the time or energy to make one that doesn't redistribute aonic's code. It's definitely possible and probably easy for someone like Jason, but this is the week before Thanksgiving break and I'm slammed with school crap.

Edit:
    ***WARNING***
    DO NOT USE JASON'S INSTALLER, IT WILL BREAK YOUR WIFI DUE TO CHANGES IN WEBOS 1.3.1.

If you don't already have MyTether installed, install the original version and then follow the directions I posted at the top of this page to get wired and BT tethering working again.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    Excellent job, sir! Thank you very much for this.

Hope you don't mind, but in an effort to make your instructions as user friendly as possible, I have elaborated on a few steps.

Here is a simple way to do this using WebOSQuickInstall:

1) Connect your Pre via USB and open WebOSQuickInstall.
    2) Select Tools from the top menu of WebOSQuickInstall and then click Receive File.
    3) In the File input box you will type the following: /usr/lib/luna/java/TetherService.jar
    4) Click the ... button and select where you would like to store the file on your computer. (Clicking this button may take a short while to open a file dialogue screen. Just be patient)
    5) Click Get From Device! You have now copied /usr/lib/luna/java/TetherService.jar to your computer.
    6) Open TetherService.jar in a program like WinRar or 7zip
    7) Extract /net/aonic/tether/usb.sh
    8) Open usb.sh in a text editor
    9) Change the two references of "PmConnectionManager" to "PmNetConfigManager"
    10) Be sure your Pre is connected via USB and WebOSQuickInstall is opened, then select Tools from the top menu of WebOSQuickInstall and then click Receive File.
    11) Use the ... button to locate your newly edited TetherService.jar
    12) In the Destination Folder input box you will type the following: /usr/lib/luna/java/
    13) Click Send To Device!
    14) You may now close all windows in WebOSQuickInstall and try tethering your Pre via USB as you once did.

In your step 10 do you mean send file instead of recieve file???
    650700p755pPre
    Quote Originally Posted by Flhd View Post
    In your step 10 do you mean send file instead of recieve file???
    I sure did, sorry about that! Will fix immediately. Please fix in your quote or delete your quote. Thank you.
    So your wifi will only brick if you update to 1.3.1 then install MyTether using Jason's installer?

Or

Will updating with 1.3.1 after already having installed MyTether with Jason's installer brick your wifi?

Both?
    Is Jason going to make a new ipk?
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by JNMyer View Post
    So your wifi will only brick if you update to 1.3.1 then install MyTether using Jason's installer?

Or

Will updating with 1.3.1 after already having installed MyTether with Jason's installer brick your wifi?

Both?
    Jason's installer replaces the Pre's wifi driver with an older version. Do not use it if you are already at WebOS 1.3.1 as the old version will break wifi.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    jason's version wouldn't even work with 1.2.1

I tried it also after I updated......does the same thing.....not work....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast