Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Thanks! I unfortunately didn't have the foresight that you did, and never made a copy the original file. Is there anywhere I can find it online, or could you possibly send me a copy of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by haderach View Post
    I rooted the Pre and did everything via the command line. I kept a copy of the 1.3.1 version just in case it didn't work.

Steps to revert: (kept 1.3.1 copy in /home/root/sd8xxx.ko.1.3.1)
    1. Root the pre (developer mode, login via novaterm)
    2. type: mount -o remount,rw /
    3. type: cd /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/net/wifi/
    4. type: cp /home/root/sd8xxx.ko.1.3.1 sd8xxx.ko
    5. exit and reboot

I did the same steps for installing the working module from 1.2.1. If anyone notices something wrong with my steps, please let me know. Thanks.
    Doing this fixes MyTether for 1.3.1?
  3.    #183  
    No. Tethering is broken again, and apparently a bit more indepth than it was in 1.2. I'll take a look at it once I finish getting 1.3.1 on my Pre.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    Doing this fixes MyTether for 1.3.1?
    No, unfortunately if you try to use the free install package for Mythether (not sure about the donor one) then you will break your wifi functionality all together. Haderach's steps show the way to fix that by changing the file back to the 1.3.1 version.
    Auzo, check your private message inbox. If you need the file, just shoot me an email at the address I sent you.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haderach View Post
    Auzo, check your private message inbox. If you need the file, just shoot me an email at the address I sent you.
    Worked like a charm . Saved me a visit to the doctor. Thanks again!

edit: Oh, and in case anyone else needs to do this too, you can simply use WebOS Quick Install, Tools -> Send File, pick the 1.3.1 file and for destination folder use the location haderach pointed out above: /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/net/wifi/
    where can I get the 1.3.1 file from
    _ thanks david
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidsnake96 View Post
    where can I get the 1.3.1 file from
    _ thanks david
    Check your private messages
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    can you send me the new rootless ipk.....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    can you send me the new ipk?
    Can I get the new ipk as well? Dpes the old mytether have to be deleted or will this overwrite it?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzo View Post
    Worked like a charm . Saved me a visit to the doctor. Thanks again!

edit: Oh, and in case anyone else needs to do this too, you can simply use WebOS Quick Install, Tools -> Send File, pick the 1.3.1 file and for destination folder use the location haderach pointed out above: /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/net/wifi/
    Is this different from the one Jason set up for us to reinstall, if so Where is the 1.3.1 file listed

Thanks,
    can i also get a copy of the wifi module? i also tried reinstalling the updated mytether free for 1.2.1 and bricked my wifi as well.. thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    It seems there has been a miss-communication. There is not yet a new .ipk that makes the free Mytether app work on 1.3.1. What myself and a few others are referring to is we bricked our wifi by using the old .ipk so we wanted to roll back the changes so we can get it working again.

What happened was I used the old .ipk file that Jason put together (allowed Mytether to work on 1.2.1) which replaced the wifi driver with the older version. In 1.2.1 this re-enabled adhoc connection on the wifi which allowed Mytether to work properly over wifi. In 1.3.1 there seems to have been some major enough changes that by using the old .ipk you actually brick your wifi all together.

In short, Don't use the 1.2.1 .ipk install package that Jason put together on 1.3.1 or you will brick your wifi all together. I'm sure a new .ipk file will be out soon enough that works with 1.3.1.
    Last edited by Auzo; 11/15/2009 at 03:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMan459 View Post
    can i also get a copy of the wifi module? i also tried reinstalling the updated mytether free for 1.2.1 and bricked my wifi as well.. thanks in advance!
    PM me your email address and I will send you it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzo View Post
    Check your private messages
    I also screwed up my wifi and need the 1.3.1 file...can somebody send me a copy or point me in the direction of where i can possibly download it?

thanks
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    for a sec I thought this fixed wifi for 1.3.1
    Last edited by fredox19; 11/15/2009 at 09:17 AM.
    Damm i cant wait cause i updated to 1.3.1 forgetting i have mytether! Hope it comes out real soon!
    Can i also get that 1.3.1 file?
    I broke my wifi also.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    I'm attempting to host this file online. Let me know if the following link works.

sd8xxx.ko - Windows Live

This file is only if you bricked your wifi. It will not restore my tether functionality.
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast