Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by wburleson View Post
    I have a couple of questions:
    1. I just installed Package Manager and Preware and I got icons for for both. Did I do something wrong?

2. What types of application do you need to be in Dev Mode, when using Preware to install?

3. When a Palm update comes out do I need to remove either Package Manager or Preware before installing the update?
    1. No, depending on exactly how you install Preware, the Package Manager icon may be displayed until the next reboot.

2. You do not need to ever be in dev mode when using Preware.

3. No. Just the virtual keyboard patch.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    The update feature on this application is a godsend, thank you for this. And made me aware of a new terminal app version.
  3. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Will there be an "Update All" function? (If I'm missing it, please feel free to make me feel like an *****)
    Quote Originally Posted by ird View Post
    Will there be an "Update All" function? (If I'm missing it, please feel free to make me feel like an *****)
    It's on the todo list.
    Quote Originally Posted by ird View Post
    Yes. We need to implement full dependency support and post install/remove flags first, so that the package post install/remove scripts are run in the correct order (and you don't get 5 luna restarts if 5 services are updated).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Hello - Is Preware intended to ever install webOS patches that reside in the webOS internals repository? In other words, I would love to install Ikyo's mute notifications patch without rooting my Pre. Could that ever happen?? Thanks

I know if you root & do a git pull you can browse available patches - is that something Preware will be able to do?

Sorry if I don't "get it". I just don't trust myself to root the Pre and run quilt.
    Last edited by drmull; 09/09/2009 at 04:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by drmull View Post
    Hello - Is Preware intended to ever install webOS patches that reside in the webOS internals repository? In other words, I would love to install Ikyo's mute notifications patch without rooting my Pre. Could that ever happen??
    It's on the long term plan, but we're currently focused on getting Preware to correctly install dependencies and be able to update services and plugins first.

Jason is also working on getting WebOS Quick Install to work directly from the patches in the repository.

-- Rod
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234