Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Preware, the patch utility, and the virtual keyboard ipkg are all in alpha status.

Installation assistance is only available in real-time in the #webos-internals IRC channel.

There are several people who have been successful so far.

-- Rod
    How do I get into the chat? NM
    Last edited by splmonster; 08/27/2009 at 11:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    How do I get into the chat?
    Portal:Community - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    What will the "Preware Patch Utility" do in the future?
    It's now been renamed to "GNU Patch Binary" to better reflect it's true nature.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Thanks to Splmonster coming to the IRC channel, we have found and fixed a major bug in the Package Manager Service which was stopping the GNU Patch Binary package installing on the Pre.

If you were having errors installing the Virtual Keyboard patch or the Terminal application with Preware before, you might like to try again. Make sure you're running version 0.7.7 or later of the Package Manager Service.

-- Rod
    If anyone is experiencing issues within the Preware App, please see the Webinternals WIKI page.

Main Page - WebOS Internals

Also to troubleshoot any issues, join us in the chat in we can go step by step.

Portal:Community - WebOS Internals
    I have really wanted the OnScreen KB for a while, but not totally comfortable with the steps for quilt or quilt-lite and the whole patch process.

So seeing this thread and the ability to get the OSKB via PREware, was very encouraging

so, I got PackageMgr and Preware, installed, ran PreWare let the script run, all seemed to go ok, no errors, short reset, and my Pre is back.

Question is: HOW to I get to see the On Screen Keyboard?

Thanks!

Nevermind: duhhh , RIF (reading IS fundamental) the answer was in the WebOS Internal for the keyboard..

OMG I cannot BELIEVE how EASY that was!!!!

heheh I have an on screen keyboard, nani nani boo boo.. Eat THAT iPhoners !! HAHAHA
    Last edited by dianehelen; 08/28/2009 at 07:41 AM. Reason: duhhh RIF :)
    Oh, and PREWARE ROCKS!!!!

and all the smart people at WebOs Internal ROCK TOO!
    Preware breaks my App Catalog and Updates. I installed Preware and the keyboard patch, deleted Preload and Preupdate. For some reason I tried App Catalog (got unavailable) and Updates and got unavailable. I did a partial erase of Pre. App Catalog worked fine as did Updates. I installed Preware (with Package Manager Service) and it worked fine (without KB patch). App Catalog is broken as is Updates. Anyone else seeing this?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I have a question about Preware. I get a message that says "org.webosinternals.ipkgservice is not running." I dont know what is wrong. I have tried to run it in Devmode and not. I have uninstalled it and installed it twice. Any one have any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by mh604198 View Post
    I have a question about Preware. I get a message that says "org.webosinternals.ipkgservice is not running." I dont know what is wrong. I have tried to run it in Devmode and not. I have uninstalled it and installed it twice. Any one have any suggestions?
    There are TWO PARTS to installing Preware.

1) Install ipkgservice

2) install Preware.

if you don't do 1) 2 will not work.

If you do them in reverse order, reboot your phone
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    Preware breaks my App Catalog and Updates. I installed Preware and the keyboard patch, deleted Preload and Preupdate. For some reason I tried App Catalog (got unavailable) and Updates and got unavailable. I did a partial erase of Pre. App Catalog worked fine as did Updates. I installed Preware (with Package Manager Service) and it worked fine (without KB patch). App Catalog is broken as is Updates. Anyone else seeing this?
    Nope. So far, testing by six different people does not show this.

Please post details of what apps you have installed and what patches you have installed on the Webos Internals Wiki on the talk page for OSK.

Talk:On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    Nope. So far, testing by six different people does not show this.

Please post details of what apps you have installed and what patches you have installed on the Webos Internals Wiki on the talk page for OSK.

Talk:On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

Yeah I do not have a App Catalog issue either. Works fine for me
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Seem to have no issues either by using the instructions on the blog page for installing keyboard
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    I've had transient problems with the App Catalog that have nothing to do with PreWare (because I didn't install it). Sometimes it keeps checking forever, I've also got an "unavailable" message. It's probably a coincidence, it has problems when it's overloaded or down or your connection is poor, and it just happened to occur after installing PreWare.
    I hope this is it. I am going to wait until the App Catalog is more stable and try again.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I just installed package manager and preware, but I only see preware in my launcher. Is this normal? Preware seems to work OK...Will I have any issues not seeing package manager on my phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    I just installed package manager and preware, but I only see preware in my launcher. Is this normal? Preware seems to work OK...Will I have any issues not seeing package manager on my phone?
    Package Manager is a service, not an application. It's not meant to have an icon.

-- Rod
    Where can i get the preware app from? I dont see it anywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprenutt View Post
    Where can i get the preware app from? I dont see it anywhere
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Package Manager is a service, not an application. It's not meant to have an icon.

-- Rod
    I have a couple of questions:
    1. I just installed Package Manager and Preware and I got icons for for both. Did I do something wrong?

2. What types of application do you need to be in Dev Mode, when using Preware to install?

3. When a Palm update comes out do I need to remove either Package Manager or Preware before installing the update?
    Last edited by wburleson; 08/29/2009 at 03:32 AM. Reason: another question
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast