Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 67
  1. #21  
    A) This can't be correctly installed by preware yet.
    B) This doesn't do anything yet (afaikafaikafaik)
    C) I don't know what this is, but sounds like it could do damage.

    I would say try uninstalling all 3. And see if your internet/browser comes back.
  2. #22  
    After installing preware, all it does it stay at the updating screen, nothing happens. I have tried rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling, going through wifi and evdo. Nothing helps. Any ideas. Thanks in advance.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by theoottesen View Post
    After installing preware, all it does it stay at the updating screen, nothing happens. I have tried rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling, going through wifi and evdo. Nothing helps. Any ideas. Thanks in advance.
    Before installing preware, you need to install the "Package Manager Service" using WebOS Quick Install v2.01 or later.

    You should follow the installation instructions on the wiki: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Before installing preware, you need to install the "Package Manager Service" using WebOS Quick Install v2.01 or later.

    You should follow the installation instructions on the wiki: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    Thanks, that did it, I guess I was a little more tired than I thought I was last night.
  5. #25  
    I have been looking for where to download this at. Don't see a download link on there site. Do you have to request a copy?
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by terroar View Post
    its one of these A) terminal service plugin B) preware patch utility or 3) Optware Loopback MOUNT/UNMOUNT

    after installing one of these, my internet connection was gone

    RoaR
    Why would you install things when you don't know what they are?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I have been looking for where to download this at. Don't see a download link on there site. Do you have to request a copy?
    Look two posts above yours.

    It's in the preware.org package feeds, and you use WebOS Quick Install to install it.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8. #28  
    Just downloaded this and installed using Quick Install 2.01 on both my Pre and the Emulator. Both get stuck on the Updating screen. Also this is the only thing I installed. Any suggestions?
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Just downloaded this and installed using Quick Install 2.01 on both my Pre and the Emulator. Both get stuck on the Updating screen. Also this is the only thing I installed. Any suggestions?
    Did you follow the wiki instructions precisely? Type a copy of them into your reply so we can be sure. It's working for lots of other people ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Before installing preware, you need to install the "Package Manager Service" using WebOS Quick Install v2.01 or later.

    You should follow the installation instructions on the wiki: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by theoottesen View Post
    Thanks, that did it, I guess I was a little more tired than I thought I was last night.
    Try this, it was what was missing with mine.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by theoottesen View Post
    Try this, it was what was missing with mine.
    Eventually, installers will follow the dependency information that is written into the ipkg control files, and install those dependencies automatically.

    Preware, for instance, does this already. Unfortunately, WebOS Quick Install doesn't yet.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Did you follow the wiki instructions precisely? Type a copy of them into your reply so we can be sure. It's working for lots of other people ...

    -- Rod
    Sorry to waste your time must have been sleeping when I was doing this. I did not install the service. So of course it did not work. Nice work can not wait for the patches to be available in this.
  13. #33  
    What will the "Preware Patch Utility" do in the future?
  14. #34  
    I agree this is a great app. I think at this point it's more advanced than filecoaster because of it's categorized start page with updates to your software. I also like the lists of installed vs available apps so I don't have to keep looking at what I already have.

    Great Job webOS internals!
  15. #35  
    Hey guys I found the real problem that stops the internet on my phone ... Its quickinstall 2.1 I tried the tweaks like add/delete launcher pages, landscape pdf, hide nfl ...etc and it stops my web after applying tweaks ... To restore it I just uncheck them all and its good as new thanks for the help anyway guys

    -roar
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    What will the "Preware Patch Utility" do in the future?
    It's simply a packaging of the GNU Patch utility (cross-compiled for the Pre or the Emulator). It will be used by patch ipkgs (like an upcoming virtual keyboard ipkg) to apply themselves.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17. #37  
    Does preware and filecoster use the same database for files etc?
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Does preware and filecoster use the same database for files etc?
    fileCoaster uses a subset feed from PreCentral which omits any advanced homebrew applications that require scripts to be run as root during installation or removal. fileCoaster uses the restricted Palm install service.

    Preware uses the open standard feeds at http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/ which includes the PreCentral, PimpMyPre, Canuck Software and WebOS Internals feeds (effectively all the basic and advanced homebrew applications on the planet). Preware uses the unrestricted WebOS Internals Package Manager service, which allows for the running of scripts as root during installation or removal of packages, with secure informed user consent.

    WebOS Quick Install uses the same feeds as Preware, and also includes the same WebOS Internals techniques for running scripts as root, but without the secure informed user consent service.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #39  
    I get errors when trying to install the patch utility and the on-screen keyboard. Are these just not available yet through Preware?
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    I get errors when trying to install the patch utility and the on-screen keyboard. Are these just not available yet through Preware?
    Preware, the patch utility, and the virtual keyboard ipkg are all in alpha status.

    Installation assistance is only available in real-time in the #webos-internals IRC channel.

    There are several people who have been successful so far.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions