1.    #1  
    Dion is the guest on this week's first half of the Java Posse podcast.

The Java Posse

Briefly mentioned is an intent to bring GWT support to webOS

Also some comments on latest app distribution announcements and making analytics available.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Nice, I'll be listening to that one soon. (I'm a few behind) "Bringing GWT support to WebOS..." Hmm, not sure I understand that one. Meaning if I write a GWT web app, I might be able to (some day) take the resulting javascript and get that running on WebOS?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    "Bringing GWT support to WebOS..." Hmm, not sure I understand that one. Meaning if I write a GWT web app, I might be able to (some day) take the resulting javascript and get that running on WebOS?
    It means that you could use Java to write your app, and it will be compiled to a webOS app. For this GWT would need to support cards, stages and scenes, and the various calls to device services, such as location or contact info. He mentioned just getting the initiative going.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Hi Sivan,

Thanks for listening. I always have a great time with the Java Posse folks.

One of the reasons that I was so excited to join Palm was to make webOS a fantastic environment for as many web developers as possible. The Web is diverse.

I hope to work with as many of the framework chaps as possible to help make webOS a great platform for them, and that includes GWT. There isn't anything concrete, but in the podcast I was just discussing my aspiration to see GWT offer a way to develop great webOS applications.

If you have thoughts on what we can be doing to help, please let us know! (devrel@palm.com gets us all).

Cheers,

Dion