Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Disclaimer:

Please ues the current file, if you are using the previous (pre 10/12/09) you will be fine.
    I just used the modified code from the latest version v/k to add the extra themes. The latest version has a cleaned up code which will make adjusting the haptic feedback and adding sounds easier to access.

Thanks to emoney_33 for the cleaner code

PLEASE ONLY USE THIS IF YOUR V/ KEYBOARD IS WORKING PROPERLY,IF YOUR V/KEYBOARD IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY DO NOT USE THIS AS IT WILL JUST ADD TO THE CONFUSION WHILE TRYING TO FIX IT!

Please dont hold me responsible if your Pre explodes and melts into a big pile of ash lol!

These are compatible w/ 1.2.1

There are 26 total themes at this time

I have bundled all of the V/K themes in one place and best of all you can install all of them and chose a different one everytime or I can build you a custom file w/ just the themes you want.

First I want to thank a couple of people for these themes.

emoney_33
    Dianehelen
    un_designer
    eazys
    remix
    pychozoundz

Instructions:

1) extract the Virtual keyboard.zip to a folder of your choice.(just remember where you put it)
    2) plug into your Pre
    3) choose usb mode
    4) delete virtual-keyboard folder
    5) put the new virtual-keyboard folder in the root of the directory
    6) reboot or restart luna

Thats it now you have every V/K theme that I can find.

If you find any that I am missing please let me know and I will update the zip

If I missed thanks for somebody please let me know so I can edit this page to give you credit.

I hope you enjoy these I put alot of time into this.

I dont ask for donations I only ask that if you like this you hit the thanks button.

http://www.mediafire.com/2sslow

Last edited by 2sslow; 10/12/2009 at 10:38 PM.
    Sweet!! Thanks for doing this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Sweet!! Thanks for doing this.
    Sure no problem I hope everybody enjoys these!
  4.    #4  
    Edit:

Added screenshots!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Disclaimer:

PLEASE ONLY USE THIS IF YOUR V/ KEYBOARD IS WORKING PROPERLY,IF YOUR V/KEYBOARD IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY DO NOT USE THIS AS IT WILL JUST ADD TO THE CONFUSION WHILE TRYING TO FIX IT!

Please dont hold me responsible if your Pre explodes and melts into a big pile of ash lol!

These are compatible w/ 1.2.1

There are 26 total themes at this time

I have bundled all of the V/K themes in one place and best of all you can install all of them and chose a different one everytime or I can build you a custom file w/ just the themes you want.

First I want to thank a couple of people for these themes.

emoney_33
    Dianehelen
    un_designer
    eazys
    remix
    pychozoundz

Instructions:

1) extract the Virtual keyboard.zip to a folder of your choice.(just remember where you put it)
    2) plug into your Pre
    3) choose usb mode
    4) delete virtual-keyboard folder
    5) put the new virtual-keyboard folder in the root of the directory
    6) reboot or restart luna

Thats it now you have every V/K theme that I can find.

If you find any that I am missing please let me know and I will update the zip

If I missed thanks for somebody please let me know so I can edit this page to give you credit.

I hope you enjoy these I put alot of time into this.

I dont ask for donations I only ask that if you like this you hit the thanks button.

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

What did you do to make them work?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    What did you do to make them work?
    I did some .json file modifications

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Mine worked before I followed the instructions in the OP, but sure doesn't now. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    2ssslow,

1) Thank you so much as I failed to correctly modify the .jsn files. What changes other than adding fiile names did you do?

2) Would it be possible to modify the key .jsn file to include clickwave sound and 50% haptic feedback and attach it here? I don't want to rely on WOSQI for this.

Thanks
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mandystreasures View Post
    Mine worked before I followed the instructions in the OP, but sure doesn't now. Any ideas?
    Did you save the original?
    There is nothing in the folder that would affect the functionality of the v/k, just themes.

Did you Extract the zip? If you put the .zip in the usb directory it wont work.
    Do you see the folder when you connect in usb mode?

2ssslow,

1) Thank you so much as I failed to correctly modify the .jsn files. What changes other than adding fiile names did you do?

2) Would it be possible to modify the key .jsn file to include clickwave sound and 50% haptic feedback and attach it here? I don't want to rely on WOSQI for this.

Thanks
    1) you need to use the theme_config.jason from one of the official themes.

2) None of that was modified The haptic feedback can be adjusted in kb_config.json, and the sound can be changed simply by clicking on the .sounds file and adding a new .wav

Follow the link below.

Thanks for putting up the keyboard skins, they are really nice! Only problem, though, is that I can only change the skins once every time I bring up the keyboard, and it doesn't save the default skin after I exit the keyboard.
  11.    #11  
    That is the way it was before!

However that is not exactly true now, if you touch the bottom right hand corner of any of the themes except the default you can toggle between any of the new themes.

Follow the link below.

You are right- I kept hitting the left button but the menu wouldn't come up again. Hitting the right button does bring up the keyboard selection menu again!
  13.    #13  
    Great I'm glad everything is working for ya!

Follow the link below.

14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    its been working
    Not really
    On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

Not w/o a lot of work to do an individual theme,

This is a complete package of all of the available themes.

But thanks for the bump!

Follow the link below.

How do you open the Virtual keyboard? I have it when I look at device management saying it is installed but not sure how to get it on the screen.

Thanks
    Garrett
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett321 View Post
    How do you open the Virtual keyboard? I have it when I look at device management saying it is installed but not sure how to get it on the screen.

Thanks
    Garrett
    With the cursor in a text field, double tap in the gesture area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey View Post
    With the cursor in a text field, double tap in the gesture area.
    Or click to open a launch page --- any launch page -- and then double tap and it will come up.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Did you save the original?
    There is nothing in the folder that would affect the functionality of the v/k, just themes.

Did you Extract the zip? If you put the .zip in the usb directory it wont work.
    Do you see the folder when you connect in usb mode?

1) you need to use the theme_config.jason from one of the official themes.

2) None of that was modified The haptic feedback can be adjusted in kb_config.json, and the sound can be changed simply by clicking on the .sounds file and adding a new .wav
    My .jsn file I downloaded from you doesn't have click1.wav listed, but does have haptic "100". This is why I don't have sound on my keyboard. Could you show me how to add this to the .jsn file without corrupting the file.
  19.    #20  
    My .jsn file I downloaded from you doesn't have click1.wav listed, but does have haptic "100". This is why I don't have sound on my keyboard. Could you show me how to add this to the .jsn file without corrupting the file.
    Not sure about the click1.wav I made no changes to that. I did change the haptic to 100 but all you do to change that is enter a value from 0 - 100. The file now has the haptic set to 0

I just deleted my v/k and reinstalled fresh and there is no sound from the dev.

I have added the original from emoney_33s official V/K

Edit:

To get the sounds working you must type click1.wav between the "" in the kb_config.json.

should look like this

Code:
    "clickFile": "click1.wav",
    Last edited by 2sslow; 10/12/2009 at 10:28 PM.

Follow the link below.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast