1.    #1  
    hey can anyone make a voice changer so when I call people my voice will sound different to them? I would really like to have this. And also it should be illegal for someone to say something can't be done when it involves the palm pre and creating something because there has been tethering, messenger, the virtual keyboard and a bunch of other stuff. So nothing is impossible lol.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    a lot of things are impossible
    your palm pre cant be a jet pack, or create life, or cook food, or become a breathing device, or a time machine, or most things in this world. So yes things are impossible and it is possible for a voice changer to be impossible
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    What's the point of making your voice sound different when they can just look at the caller ID and know who you are?
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    The Pre doesn't have microphone support in the SDK yet. That pretty much prevents* a voice changer app, the t-pain app that's been requested a bunch of times, call recording / voice memos, and any other app that needs the microphone to be used.

*Yes, I know that there's ways to use Linux to access things that aren't supported by the SDK, but in general, these apps pretty much aren't possible.
  5.    #5  
    I meant things that could be programmed into the phone smart one :/ and how long until the recording stuff is created? Why can't there be a team of 20 people or more joined just to create this one little thing, or big. Whatever it is, if this one thing could be made it could change the way people create their apps and we could develop many different things. Above all those things they could finally fix the video camera issue. Also this is precentral. I'm sure people that work in the palm company could possibly help with this one thing. If I worked for that company I would be on this website constantly. So maybe since they work there they would have a better idea of how to make voice recording possible. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by masterguns View Post
    I meant things that could be programmed into the phone smart one :/ and how long until the recording stuff is created? Why can't there be a team of 20 people or more joined just to create this one little thing, or big. Whatever it is, if this one thing could be made it could change the way people create their apps and we could develop many different things. Above all those things they could finally fix the video camera issue. Also this is precentral. I'm sure people that work in the palm company could possibly help with this one thing. If I worked for that company I would be on this website constantly. So maybe since they work there they would have a better idea of how to make voice recording possible. :/
    Not much to say other than you obviously don't know how webOS programming works. Without an API, it's NOT POSSIBLE to access the microphone.
  7.    #7  
    also forgot to say. There's google voice. They won't recognize the number. I've had this stalker thing going on for a week now playing jokes on my cousins. I want to bring it to the next step and make phone calls. But I need a voice changer in order to do that. And if not google voice then I could just do *67. Its 3 extra buttons. Not that hard. Lol.
  8.    #8  
    if its not possible to access the microphone then why are people still trying? And it is possible. We just haven't found the way to get it to work. And yes, I admit I don't know much about any of that bu I'm young and I'm still learning. But even though I don't know any of that stuff I do know that makin a voice recorder is possible. Its just a matter of time before someone finds a way to make it work.