1.    #1  
    I work at a job where I have to keep track of which hours I spend on three or four different projects, as probably many people do. Right now I have no good way to do that. There is a Linux application that does a pretty good job called GnoTime. That's the kind of functionality I would want on my Pre. Here's how I envision this working:

-You set it up with different accounts, one per project or project line item, with just a short text description.

-Each account gets a button on the main page

-Hitting one of the buttons starts a timer for that account which doesn't stop until another button is selected.

-Changing to a different account is accomplished by just tapping a different button.

-At the end of the day you can just quit the app to stop the timers.

-Reports can be created showing the total time spent per account per day for easy timecard entry. These reports don't have to be exportable (viewing them on the Pre ina list would be enough), but the ability to create a csv file or something like that which could be put in /media/internal for retrieval would be nice.

-One could imagine different bells and whistles like a dashboard mode that indicates which account you're charging and current total time for that account today would be pretty cool. It would also be cool to be able to enter targets and have the app tell you when you need to switch to a different account (as in I've spent too many hours on the account this week, need to shift to this other one which hasn't received enough). There could be additional calendar integration to let the app know automatically which meetings are billable too.

I personally think such an app would be pretty popular with Pre users as there are a lot of professionals out there. I think most would consider $5-10 to be a fair price for something that would help manage work life like this. I'd be happy to provide more specifics or help test, and donate to the cause before it gets to the app catalog.
    two such apps are in development

If you would like to participate in alpha testing, private message me.

We will be releasing to public beta in two to three weeks.

In the mean time, to see that there's a useless advertising site for it visit

my-time-is-money
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    two such apps are in development

If you would like to participate in alpha testing, private message me.

We will be releasing to public beta in two to three weeks.

In the mean time, to see that there's a useless advertising site for it visit
    Thanks, check your messages.
    Last edited by jbg7474; 10/11/2009 at 12:11 AM.