Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I hate to seem ungrateful because i really love the Pre, but i am wondering why in the world are they putting out multiple shopping list apps and currency converters? I mean we have multiple picture games, another bubble popping game, restaurant searching apps and tip calculators!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on DEVS can you guys atleast be original........?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    This is just the begining,wait for another 6 mths or more.Everybody is crying for more apps. Just like when i bought the iphone 3g 9 mths ago, all the apps are just the same and that's why i haven't touch the iphone or apps store since i own the pre about 3 weeks now. I love the pre,it is different.
    my phone is a Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    well, I don't know what is happening. I've been waiting for ages on a response for my apps submissions, and I believe other developers are too. This is already starting to **** me off. It appears that they are only accepting games or something. Look for example wasn't Tweed 1.0 also supposively submitted and not appearing. What's going on with Palm? You can see the team here that manages Pre Central has been a lot more efficient. How can they only release a few apps a day, if they supposively have such a long queue? I got to admit I was all excited on getting my apps early on the App Catalog, and have spent countless hours making sure to have very stable apps, but Palm responds with this indiference. This situation is really flustrating, and might be turning down some developers' willingness to produce quality stuff.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I understand, i know they have a variety of apps on hand to release. I hope they get your apps out so you can start receiving a return on your time and investments for all of us consumer Joe's out here.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannns View Post
    well, I don't know what is happening. I've been waiting for ages on a response for my apps submissions, and I believe other developers are too. This is already starting to **** me off. It appears that they are only accepting games or something. Look for example wasn't Tweed 1.0 also supposively submitted and not appearing. What's going on with Palm? You can see the team here that manages Pre Central has been a lot more efficient. How can they only release a few apps a day, if they supposively have such a long queue? I got to admit I was all excited on getting my apps early on the App Catalog, and have spent countless hours making sure to have very stable apps, but Palm responds with this indiference. This situation is really flustrating, and might be turning down some developers' willingness to produce quality stuff.
    what app are you releasing?

as for the current releases, I'm patient this cannot be the full onslaut.
    there are some functional adds, lots of little unexciting games. What I look forward too is quality apps like pandora, or apps that provide functions I didn't know I needed.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    what app are you releasing?
    Safe Box which currently has a trial in the Homebrew catalog. And Spit which is a cards game, actually I decided to make a game, because that appeared to be the only thing that they were accepting.
    There seems to be a widely held misconception about the app catalog.

Palm isn't putting ANY apps out.

The only apps that palm is responsible for are the ones that are built into the pre, and in general, they only change with a system update.

The apps in the app catalog are the ones that the private developers have made for the Pre, and managed to get through the app approval process.

Palm has no control of any kind as to what apps are submitted for the app catalog, and I'm sure they're going through them as fast as possible, and putting them up as they are approved.

Unfortunately, because of the way the SDK for the Pre is set up at the moment, it's very difficult to have seriously advanced applications such as 3D games or anything where it is important that the source code be protected. Sadly, I think they still have bigger fish to fry than trying to update the SDK.
    I want to test the waters first before committing to more complicated projects. Although Safe Box does have complicated plans such as cloud syncing with a desktop or web based version.