Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    can someone do this? I would like to set my phone to not show my number until I change it so I can make work related calls without showing my personal number.
    i think you can dial *67 before you dial the number you are calling and your number will show as a caller id blocked number to the person receiving your call.
    example: if you are dialing 777-777-7777, to block your number, dial *67777-777-7777 and press send.
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Sprint can also activate this for you on their end (if you're with Sprint?) for all calls, and you can just dial *82 to display your number when you want/need to.
    This isn't Pre spasific. The hiddi happens on Sprint's or the carrier's part. So making an app to do this is impossible.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    yes....hit *67 before entering a #....just it won't work for texting....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    on my razr, the was a privacy setting. I would block my number and makke work calls during my commute. Don't want to slip up and give a client my personal number...especially since we can't block calls.

how do I get sprint to block my number? It can stay blocked, for all I care!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    This isn't Pre spasific. The hiddi happens on Sprint's or the carrier's part. So making an app to do this is impossible.
    It's certainly not something that I'm capable of, but it actually should be possible. Just an app, or even a patch, that would prepend any number you dial with *67, and have a little toggle button in the phone app.

I don't know how to do such things, but it doesn't seem that tough. Of course, it also doesn't really seem worth the trouble since all you're saving is dialing *67.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    while driving...every keystroke counts: especially on a sensitive touchscreen!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I'd like an app like this to only block those not in my contacts. I don't care if those in my contact list get my number but I don't want to send my number to those I just dial. My last phone had this as an option...