1.    #1  
    For the first time I install a bunch of tweaks today, awesomeness.

But I can not find the the vitural/on screen keyboard. I have tried both the WebOSQuickInstaller and Preware, following the prewiki page

With preware I can't find it.

With WebOSQuickInstaller I hit the "third" button and select WebOS Internals Feed (all) but I don't see Vitural keyboard.

I don't know what to do next. Please help, Thanks.
    In preware, make sure you have the "autopatch" package installed. You can find it by selecting List of Everything and searching for it. Once it's installed, restart preware go back to List of Everything and search for "Virtual". You should be able to select it and install it. Make sure you have the latest version of preware, which I believe is 0.9.1
    Quote Originally Posted by linwiz311 View Post
    In preware, make sure you have the "autopatch" package installed. You can find it by selecting List of Everything and searching for it. Once it's installed, restart preware go back to List of Everything and search for "Virtual". You should be able to select it and install it. Make sure you have the latest version of preware, which I believe is 0.9.1
    As far as I know, the Virtual Keyboard does not depend on the Autopatch feed since the VK option was available before Autopatch. There are plans to change that though so the VK installs more smoothly.

WebOS Doctor replaces every single file in the Pre as well as the USB partition. This leaves you with a fresh start.

When you install the VK, make sure you the most updated version of either Preware (and it's corresponding service) or Quick Install.

With Preware, you only have to locate the VK patch in the app and install it. If you receive any errors, then post what the IPKG log says.

It is similar with Quick Install. Hook up your Pre to the PC. Open QI and click the drive icon below the "minus icon", in the feeds tab select WebOS-Internals (all). When it is done loading, check the Virtual Keyboard item. Click "download" or "ok". When it is done downloading, the .ipk should appear in your list on Quick Install. Hit Install and report any errors.

To use the Virtual Keyboard, you must have an active textfield open (Universial Search will not active unless it is already open). Tap the gesture area twice and (sadly) wait a moment for the keyboard to appear.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by linwiz311 View Post
    Install patch just now, restart preware didn't find vitural. I'm gonna restart phone with "Restart button."

I have Preware version 9.2
  5.    #5  
    Still no vitural!
    I am having the same problem! I cannot find the virtual keyboard either. I took it off to do some updates and now there is no keyboard to be found!
    I installed it a while back no problem, took it off, upgraded to 1.2 then to 1.2.1 and I can't find it with preware or Quick Install 2.7. any ideas
    There is a brief transition period while the keyboard migrates to the autopatch system. The keyboard will be unavailable from the webos-internals feed until further notice (hopefully tonight).

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    There is a brief transition period while the keyboard migrates to the autopatch system. The keyboard will be unavailable from the webos-internals feed until further notice (hopefully tonight).
    Thanks

I'm not up to par on all this "internals" stuff. Got to type slow for me lol.
    Does this mean that I should be able to download it on preware or webOSQuickInstaller like prewiki says possible tonight?

Thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Same here ... I installed VK, deleted VK, updated WebOS and decided to re-install VK today and it wasn't there in Preware or Quick Install. Thanks for the update Money!
    Just installed Preware, and the VK is there. I couldn't find it at first because I was looking in the Applications, but it is a patch. Look under Available Patches and it should be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by budhe888 View Post
    Just installed Preware, and the VK is there. I couldn't find it at first because I was looking in the Applications, but it is a patch. Look under Available Patches and it should be there.

Thank you