1.    #1  
    So the patch to install the virtual keyboard is not showing up in webOS quick install or in preware. Yes, they were there earlier today.

I ran the webOS doctor to wipe my phone and start fresh, did the update to the most recent version, restored my contacts and other stuff and now the virtual keyboard is nowhere to be found....

Any ideas ?

I also tried installing through root aswell with no luck there aswell.
    If my post helped you, Please Thanks Me !
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
    same here
    look in your phone in usb mode for the folder if it there try bringing up the keyboard if you can't bring it up try looking in web os QI ,tools,device management on the right scroll through apps if not there click where it says applications and patches will pop up it will be in there somewhere one or the other lol.if that does not work I don't know what to tell ya except wait for the new repair utility to come out.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecp421 View Post
    same here
    now I can't connect to webos QI at all, what did I do wrong now?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    look in your phone in usb mode for the folder if it there try bringing up the keyboard if you can't bring it up try looking in web os QI ,tools,device management on the right scroll through apps if not there click where it says applications and patches will pop up it will be in there somewhere one or the other lol.if that does not work I don't know what to tell ya except wait for the new repair utility to come out.

yea I've checked there a few times, even after resets and and after running the doctor. Mind you I had the keyboard working earlier that day. It worked 2 times and then never worked again. Just odd cause isn't the doctor suppose to replace almost every file in our phone ?
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
    I don't fully understand what your problem is, but I will try to help. WebOS Doctor replaces every single file in the Pre as well as the USB partition. This leaves you with a fresh start.

When you install the VK, make sure you the most updated version of either Preware (and it's corresponding service) or Quick Install.

With Preware, you only have to locate the VK patch in the app and install it. If you receive any errors, then post what the IPKG log says.

It is similar with Quick Install. Hook up your Pre to the PC. Open QI and click the drive icon below the "minus icon", in the feeds tab select WebOS-Internals (all). When it is done loading, check the Virtual Keyboard item. Click "download" or "ok". When it is done downloading, the .ipk should appear in your list on Quick Install. Hit Install and report any errors.

To use the Virtual Keyboard, you must have an active textfield open (Universial Search will not active unless it is already open). Tap the gesture area twice and (sadly) wait a moment for the keyboard to appear.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I don't fully understand what your problem is, but I will try to help. WebOS Doctor replaces every single file in the Pre as well as the USB partition. This leaves you with a fresh start.

When you install the VK, make sure you the most updated version of either Preware (and it's corresponding service) or Quick Install.

With Preware, you only have to locate the VK patch in the app and install it. If you receive any errors, then post what the IPKG log says.

It is similar with Quick Install. Hook up your Pre to the PC. Open QI and click the drive icon below the "minus icon", in the feeds tab select WebOS-Internals (all). When it is done loading, check the Virtual Keyboard item. Click "download" or "ok". When it is done downloading, the .ipk should appear in your list on Quick Install. Hit Install and report any errors.

To use the Virtual Keyboard, you must have an active textfield open (Universial Search will not active unless it is already open). Tap the gesture area twice and (sadly) wait a moment for the keyboard to appear.
    my version of preware is 9.2

the issue is the virtual keyboard patch is not appearing in either preware or in webOS QI. I know im looking in the right place cause I had installed them earlier that day. I installed the autofeed patch in webOS QI cause preware wouldnt let me do it there, gave me an error. Ive checked and its not showing up in my installed apps or patches list.

thanks !
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
  8.    #8  
    Still no luck on this.... any ideas .. anyone ? Ive searched and searched...
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
    According to my sources, the feed was temporarly down as the patch was being transferred to the Autopatch feed. Try now. I just searched and found it.

Make sure your update feed option in the Preference tab is set to "on boot."

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  10.    #10  
    Greeeeeeat. Just Greeeeeeeeat.

Well, atleast I know it wasnt anything I did wrong.

I was freaking out I did something beyond what doctor could repair.

looking for the patch now.
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--