1.    #1  
    I have installed the optional Simple Bible translations, and it looks pretty easy to create your own. There in an index file, then two folders containing the old and new testament. Each book of the bible is stored as a separate html file.

It would appear to be straight forward to create your own translation and install it into Simple Bible. Many people already have copies of various translations of the bible on their computers, in a variety of formats. There are also websites that provide free browsing of both free and copyrighted translations such as crosswalk.com and biblegateway.com.

I would love to see a tool for creating your own translation for installation into Simple Bible. Maybe the tool could take the bible in any number of formats, then format it to be installed into Simple Bible. Acceptable input formats could be the esword format, straight txt format, and maybe the tool could include a scraper to pull a translation off the above mentioned websites.

Any thoughts/takers?
    we are pumping out a bunch of translations and with the help of HaPe and his converter, converting a lot more of zefania translations (from sourceforge) to simple bible format.

check out his post in the simple bible thread for the link.

we are in the process of allowing users to download translations over the air from our website, but we will not be converting and hosting any copyrighted translations.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply.

Can you give any details about the next project, NSS Bible? Need any beta testers? I have a lot of ideas about what I would love to see!
    we are still working out the details. a lot of the features requested in the main thread will prolly be in the nss, and who knows, maybe a surprise or 2.
    I thought about it. I have a digital version of ESV I got when I purchased a bible. I started cutting and pasting verses into html files but stopped after the first 5 chapters of Genesis. It was more work than I was prepared to do at this time. We definitely need to be thanking the programmers for all the work they are doing to get different versions up.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by stickywhipit View Post
    we are pumping out a bunch of translations and with the help of HaPe and his converter, converting a lot more of zefania translations (from sourceforge) to simple bible format.
    That's good news.

Are you or HaPe going to release the converter? It would be great to allow us to convert our own translations.
    Can anyone tell me how to download the new translations for the simple bible other than KJB?

Thanks!