1.    #1  
    In normal javascript, my key listener can listen for a ctrl-c command but is there even such a button on the Pre? And if so, which one is it? If not, what can I do to achieve the same effect?
    in the terminal app, in order to get ctrl you have to press Sym twice i think.. i dont know if thats standard tho..
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tag234 View Post
    in the terminal app, in order to get ctrl you have to press Sym twice i think.. i dont know if thats standard tho..
    By Sym key, do you mean the orange "function" button?

Does anyone know if this actually kicks off a ctrl keyevent? What keyCode would it appear to my code as?
    In terminal i believe if you hit Orange/Sym-C it's the equivalent of Ctrl-C. Someone let me know about that so i can use nano from Terminal on the Pre.

As for if it appears as Ctrl, i'm not sure if it will.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Yes, sym-c works as ctrl-c in terminal. Probably aps dependent though.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by precheck View Post
    Yes, sym-c works as ctrl-c in terminal. Probably aps dependent though.
    Thanks. Can anyone test this and report what keycode is returned for using the sym key?
  7.    #7  
    I tried this with a Pre in a Sprint store. I went (in the browser) to a website with a javascript test for keycodes and here's what i found:

1. The "sym" key is indeed the ctrl key as it's keyCode is 17
    2. HOWEVER, if you hold down the sym key, it kicks off keyevents over and over until you press another key (it just gets stuck in a loop)!!

So if you hit sym and then hit "c", you'll get both events once. If you hold down "sym" and press "c", you'll oddly get both events and then a ton of keyCode 17 events until you hit another key! It happend every time.

I have no idea what to do about this.