Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Perhaps he should not have pigeonholed a sole app for the titleof his gripe then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    I'll see about a 'major vs minor' feature for updates - in the meantime I guess the best thing is for the developer to indicate to me whether or not the app update warrants a new date.
    maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I've submitted several versions that contained only bug fixes. I just don't select the 'needs mod review' option and those versions never show up on the new & updated list. I assumed that was intended behavior...
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    So it seems like nobody except the developer actually understands what this thread it about. Yes, I'm wrong and this thread is stupid, but only if my position is the one that you've made up for me. To re-iterate yet a third time:

- gDialPro is great software and I use it and love it.
    - I don't have a problem with frequent updates

I don't know how else I can say it. My problem is with people spamming the new software list, making it useless. For a good example of this, all you have to do is look at the iPhone's app store.

Funny the only person who actually understands what I'm saying is the developer.
    I understand your point to a degree, and that is spammers who simply update their apps to stay on top of the list. Those devs are completely wrong for doing what they do.

But your post was specifically directed at gDial Pro and it's developer, and that's where everything went wrong. For those that follow the gDial Pro thread, we know flpalm is doing a great job with adding requested features and fixing things when they are discovered to be "broken", and is in no way spamming the software list to stay on top.

Had you not directly targeted gDial Pro and it's developer, whom I and probably most others using his app appreciate greatly, I don't think people would have had a problem with you post.

That's all I've got to say and I'll leave you alone about it now.
    No harm, no foul
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    All of you seemed to miss the point...However, like the iPhone app store, some devs constantly update their software version for the purpose of remaining at the top of the "new software" lists.
    - first, you have no evidence that's why he's releasing often.
    - second, 'release early, release often' is a excellent development model that many like (me included). rather than having big 'done' releases, you get it in user's hands in the real world- they'll have different ideas of what's a bug / what's a feature than you do, and will come up with use cases you never dreamed of. it also keeps users from having to live with bugs you've already fixed while you're waiting to roll everything up into a 'big enough' release.
    - third, your complain should really be with the app listings. you really want a 'new app' or 'major release' category, not just a 'new and updated category.'
    Quote Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
    - first, you have no evidence that's why he's releasing often.
    - second, 'release early, release often' is a excellent development model that many like (me included). rather than having big 'done' releases, you get it in user's hands in the real world- they'll have different ideas of what's a bug / what's a feature than you do, and will come up with use cases you never dreamed of. it also keeps users from having to live with bugs you've already fixed while you're waiting to roll everything up into a 'big enough' release.
    - third, your complain should really be with the app listings. you really want a 'new app' or 'major release' category, not just a 'new and updated category.'
    +1 to all of the above. I may look into a 'new release' listing, but won't be super easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    +1 to all of the above. I may look into a 'new release' listing, but won't be super easy.
    Personally, I'd like an easier way to search for a known app instead of having to know what category an app is in.

Anyway, I think the site is great and that all the devs are doing a wonderful job to provide products that interest Pre customers.

The current system is working for the majority of us. Although the OP has some valid points, from his perspective, it doesn't necessarily mean that is the direction that resources should be thrown. Again, users get to decide whether or not to update with each new release or just update on a schedule.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123