Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    LOL

People are never happy. I love the app for the record.
    FPALM your a gentleman & a scholar.

As an aspiring developer

I cant believe somebody eactually complained about A DEV being fully committed to his work.

You really cant please everybody. We hate microsoft and apple because they are anti-competetive but they are well aware somebody will always somehting to complain about. So they do what they have to do to please them selfs.

FPALM dont worry about it. i know you agree with it but I find it really annoying that somebody would go to this extreme. If it were the other way around. THIS IS THE SAME GUY THAT WOULD START COMPLAINING ABOUT THE LACK OF UPDATES.

SO ANNOYING!!!

Thank you for your work.

Why dont we have a FACEPALM or round kick button accessible for idiotic threads like this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    gDialPro is a great application, but the developer could learn to wrap several updates into fewer releases.
    i kinda disagree. i look at all the patches that are useful through preware and wish when Palm would release them even if it was one by one. I wouldn't not be made if Palm did the same thing and tommorrow released "camera Mute", then two days later released native 4 x 4 icons, then two days later released text forwarding. Maybe updated the music player to music player remix standards at least. All rather then me having to wait maybe two months for the next release. I just disagree with the philosophy that they should just wait till they can put a bunch together. Hell i don't want Palm waiting till they have a ton of other things to bundle with removing or solving the app memory issue. When it's ready i say release a solution.
    WTH...this thread is lame. I actually like all the mini-updates because you actaully see the app evolving and developing along the way instead of waiting forever for an update. Keeps me satisfied that the app is continually being improved!!! WAY TO GO FPALM!!! DON"T CHANGE A THING!!!!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    agreed. Update your app as many times as you like.

PLEASE!!! Don't listen to the losers!!!
    Keep the timely updates coming, when they are ready. I think by the nature of this forum we are on the bleeding edge of the Pre lifecycle. Since we are homebrewing and hacking our phones then we should be supportive of developers who spend their free time developing.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    WTH...this thread is lame. I actually like all the mini-updates because you actaully see the app evolving and developing along the way instead of waiting forever for an update. Keeps me satisfied that the app is continually being improved!!! WAY TO GO FPALM!!! DON"T CHANGE A THING!!!!!
    Agreed.
    Shame on the developer for listening to feedback and getting things fixed!
    I can't even believe this was a serious complaint. Keep up the great work flpalm. All of your updates have been beneficial to someone so far, one way or another. Without trying to offend other developers, it is potentially the most responsive I have seen any developer when responding to issues. Great job.
    The OP need to stop hitting refresh every 5 minutes.
    This is one of those threads where a FAIL button next to the Thanks! button would come in very handy. It would take way less time to point out the idocies by pressing the FAIL button over having to type out a reply.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    So it seems like nobody except the developer actually understands what this thread it about. Yes, I'm wrong and this thread is stupid, but only if my position is the one that you've made up for me. To re-iterate yet a third time:

- gDialPro is great software and I use it and love it.
    - I don't have a problem with frequent updates

I don't know how else I can say it. My problem is with people spamming the new software list, making it useless. For a good example of this, all you have to do is look at the iPhone's app store.

Funny the only person who actually understands what I'm saying is the developer.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Before responding, please read this: Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Umm he updates frequesntley for the better of US the END USER! Is it really that big of a deal that its at the top? Hell his app is the only reason I have a Pre still.
    Follow Me On Twitter
    Check Out My Blog/Podcast: The Gadget Gurus
    OP, you missed the point... it's beta software and the developer is very on top of working out bugs. Read the official GDialPro thread if you don't get it... you would see why there are a lot of incremental updates if you did.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Eli Whitney's Ghost.

I don't think anyone here can express a valid opinion on the issue, because nobody but the mod and the developer even understand what this discussion is about.
    I completely understand... you're complaining that with all the frequent small updates, GDialPro remains at the top of the app list... as if it is intentional. While you like the app, you don't like how often the dev updates it.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    I completely understand... you're complaining that with all the frequent small updates, GDialPro remains at the top of the app list... as if it is intentional. While you like the app, you don't like how often the dev updates it.
    I don't like that the list that shows new apps is vulnerable to being spammed by overzealous developers.

If only a handful of developers acted this way, the list would be completely useless.
    OK, but that is NOT how this thread comes across... so, you may want to clarify that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    OK, but that is NOT how this thread comes across... so, you may want to clarify that.
    Sorry, but that is exactly how his post came across to me as it IS a bit annoying at times when you have to scroll past the same app(s) every time you look at the list to see if there is a NEW app that you might like to snag.

Personally, I don't use any of the gdial apps, but have noticed gdialpro is always shown at the top of the list because it is always being updated. Not a bad thing by any means. I LOVE frequent updates when they fix things the users ask for.

I think the dev and the admin both did a great job of trying to find a quick solution as they can see that this might become a huge issue down the road. Props to both of you.

Another solution might be to give the ability to the repository apps out there to sort by creation vs update dates. Alternatively, maybe something like an app can't be bumped to the top within X days or something. Both solutions have their drawbacks, but at least it is constructive.

The OP is just pointing out something that many have noticed. No need to flame him when finding a solution for the future would be a better idea.

But that's just my opinion

Mugg
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast