1.    #1  
    Something like Trackmaster for Android, or RaceChrono for Windows Mobile. Not sure what the Iphone has, but there are probably more. This is one that will keep me away from the Hero on the 11th!!!!!
    Check out workout tracker on the home brew catalog.
  3.    #3  
    I would like it to be more motorsports based, and i don't see the option to set start/finish lines, traps, or see splits. That app is a good starting point I guess. I do 10 or so motorcycle trackdays every summer, and my 800w worked great for this purpose using RaceChrono. Just praying something gets developed before next spring. Just trying to get the ball rolling.
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    I develop several automotive apps for the iPhone, and we're hoping to port these to the Pre when the accelerometer support is better in the OS and Palm has some method to protect source code.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    take a look at FitTrack. It is an opensource tracking program. development is going fast but I am sure you could chime in an request features.

the development thread is here: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...velopment.html
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Any updates to this from the developers?...i would prepay if someone could do a simple gps lap timer as described above (motorsports based, start/finish lines, traps, splits).
  7. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    What you probably want is Harry's LapTimer, except he hasn't said he's going to do a WebOS version (at least last time I asked him) His original app was for PalmOS, and it worked great, now he has an iPhone app, I should ping him again, mention the PDK...
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    What you probably want is Harry's LapTimer...
    Thanks. I had asked Harry as well about Webos and he demurred. So I bought his palm verison with no luck so far...I tried it again recently at sebring on my old treo with a bluetooth gps but it won't work. I went up on the bridge over turn 17 and set the trigger, but it still doesn't record each lap. Probably user error somehow but it would be much better if there was a native webos / pre version. Or, I should've just gotten an iphone. But I thought *for sure* there would be a lap timer out soon for webos so I got a pre...oh well.
  9. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    What is the update frequency on the BT GPS you were using? I have a 5Hz one that works well.

Maybe the PDK would make it easier to port LapTimer to the Pre...
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    5Hz.

Perhaps your idea of another shout to Harry in case he's changed his mind...