View Poll Results: Would you like to see this update.

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

19 95.00%
  • No

1 5.00%
  1.    #1  
    As of now the current tweak for txt forwarding is “ok” but a few suggestions I have could make it better. One issue I’ve encountered with using the txt forwarding tweak is that it’s easy when trying to scroll through your messages to accidentally tap a message which brings up the prompt asking if you would like to forward the message. My second issue is when I’ve been sent a txt with an audio file. The play button is imbedded within the text so you have to tap the text in order to play the audio which again brings up the prompt asking if you would like to forward the message. You then have to click (no) to continue to listen to the audio. This is quite annoying…

So, my suggestion for updating the txt forwarding tweak is to instead of tapping the txt, you utilize the same procedure for deleting txts. Instead of getting the same prompt for deleting the txt when you swipe left or right you can set it up to give you the option to delete if you swipe left and the option to forward if you swipe right.

Just a thought.

Rod
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I think the swiping in different directions thing is really confusing, but maybe adding another option to forward could work, if there's enough room to add another button.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    This was created by a homebrewer on his own time for free. Thank you would be more appropriate!!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    This was created by a homebrewer on his own time for free. Thank you would be more appropriate!!
    Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Agreed, and many use it.

But, this doesnt mean we cant progress It makes a lot of sense to have some sort of interface other than tapping on a message to forward it.

Being able to dynamically highlight the chat in question, and then forward by means of one of the drop down menus. That way, if you click to listen to audio, you wont have a prompt, it will just highlight the chat. If you dont foward, no biggie, and once you go back to the text field, it would 'de-select' Im sure its harder to do this than it sounds like, but it would be pretty intuitive. Would be even better if you could highlight several and choose to forward via sms or email

Or

A time delay in the tap, so that you have to tap and hold a message to forward it upon release. I would personally like to see it without a confirmation, but would also require some way to 'drop' a message without forwarding it (swipe, then hit cancel?). This might be simpler to do.

Or

Forward by means of the avatar of the person you're chatting with. Or just bring up a menu with forward/resend/save/email to choose the action? I have no idea what that would take.

The current tweak works well, and I thank the creator. However, with more work, it can be improved - thats not a criticism, just a fact.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    Agreed, and many use it.

But, this doesnt mean we cant progress It makes a lot of sense to have some sort of interface other than tapping on a message to forward it.

Being able to dynamically highlight the chat in question, and then forward by means of one of the drop down menus. That way, if you click to listen to audio, you wont have a prompt, it will just highlight the chat. If you dont foward, no biggie, and once you go back to the text field, it would 'de-select' Im sure its harder to do this than it sounds like, but it would be pretty intuitive. Would be even better if you could highlight several and choose to forward via sms or email

Or

A time delay in the tap, so that you have to tap and hold a message to forward it upon release. I would personally like to see it without a confirmation, but would also require some way to 'drop' a message without forwarding it (swipe, then hit cancel?). This might be simpler to do.

Or

Forward by means of the avatar of the person you're chatting with. Or just bring up a menu with forward/resend/save/email to choose the action? I have no idea what that would take.

The current tweak works well, and I thank the creator. However, with more work, it can be improved - thats not a criticism, just a fact.
    While I agree with you, things can always be improved, but caution in the way we "request" improvements need to be taken. A little respect given to those that has helped our Pres go much further than Palm has ever done. I think the wording for this post could have been as such to show appreciation while still giving ideas for approvement. The OP sounding more like complaining and griping at the one who developed it, instead of RESPECTFULLY giving his opinion and THANKING him for even doing it to begin with.
  7.    #7  
    Wow! Apparently I forgot to add this to my initial post. All hail to the creator of the text forwarding tweak…I kneel before ye and your awesome tweaking abilities.

Seriously though, you need to chill out “awrnsmn.” No one is bashing him or her in anyway and I’m sure many individuals to include myself are thankful of the time taken to give us this ability. However, what is wrong with posting issues and giving a few suggestions to help improve something? If everyone felt the same way you apparently do about outside feedback on an improvable concept, well I’m sure we would still be beating rocks together in some cave grunting at each other.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Being a smart... is not helping. All I said was you need to word it better. If I was the creator of the patch I would have been insulted by your post.....I'm not saying leave stuff the way it is ....read my post...both of them and get your attitude in check. Your using the little smiley beating his head against the wall about one of the tweeks these guys created. Your an ungratefull p....
    I'm done with you and this worthless thread
    I have a question....if an audio file is attached to a mms, can it not be forwarded? But thanks for this add on...i am appreciative....just asking a question.....
    And lets say if someone sends a text that is supposed to move, does anyone know why it wont move?
    Thanks for any replies
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blaqque View Post
    I have a question....if an audio file is attached to a mms, can it not be forwarded? But thanks for this add on...i am appreciative....just asking a question.....
    And lets say if someone sends a text that is supposed to move, does anyone know why it wont move?
    Thanks for any replies
    Yes it can be forwarded, make sure your using the most to update version of the tweak, Pre doesn't support gif animation at the moment...

Also i will be working on new ways to implement the forwarding when i get some more free time.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Ok im sorry for being "slow" but how do i know im using the most up to date tweak??????????
    Im thankful for what u have done so far.......
    Oh and is it a patch that has to be installed in webosqi or in preware?