1.    #1  
    I've been having this problem for about a week. My phone will connect with my computer for media share and as USB, but not to my Quick Install. Its up to date and everything. Anybody konw why, and what can I do?
    i'm having the same prob except i plug in the cable and nothing connects. if i click just charge the icon changes showing it's charging but the battery continues to drain. no clue whats wrong
    I had this same problem with my sister and her fiance's Pre's. Mine would work fine with all versions of WQI, but there's were not reconigzed. I was on a PC running XP, on the original WQI thread this issue was brought up. Someone said to try on vista, as well as us a program called Orca.
  4.    #4  
    But I've been connecting it to my WEBOS Quick install before. It just stopped connecting/being recognizedfor a week now
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FReshluchador View Post
    I've been having this problem for about a week. My phone will connect with my computer for media share and as USB, but not to my Quick Install. Its up to date and everything. Anybody konw why, and what can I do?
    I'm having the same problem. All software is up to date. Quick Install does not detect my phone no matter how many times I switch in and out of dev mode, but the phone connects to the computer running USB or Media sync ok.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Ok I just reinstalled the Novacom software via this instruction:

"Novacom
    You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
    If you have issues and you're on Windows, try following these instructions (even if you aren't on Windows 7).

at http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-7-beyond.html

and redid the dev mode switch and it worked this time
    Now working fine for me
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Ok I just reinstalled the Novacom software via this instruction:

"Novacom
    You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
    If you have issues and you're on Windows, try following these instructions (even if you aren't on Windows 7).

at http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-7-beyond.html

and redid the dev mode switch and it worked this time
    Now working fine for me
    After hours of hair pulling, I tried another cable and WALAH... all of a sudden I saw everything... The Palm Novacom came up as well as the pre files themselves.

I'm going to go on a limb and say that aftermarket cables, may screw you up.
    after market cables suck , dont use them . also if the computer does not recognize your phone when you plug it in you can restart palm novacom services pretty easily with out restarting your computer and phone . open start menu and it the search or run box type in services.msc and click on it when it pops up , then scroll down in the list that pops up and find palm novacom, then right click and hit restart. sometimes when using webOS quick installer if you let your phone restart with it plugged into your computer it will cause novacom to forget or not see your phone or something like that lol .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->