1.    #1  
    Hey Everyone,
    I finally decided to add some patches to my Pre and cant tell you how much I am enjoying it. Having a virtual keyboard, 4x4 icons, notifications lights, etc. really make the phone that much better. I probably applied 10 or so patches (I can list them out need be). Since iH ave patched my pre, I have noticed issues with the web-browser (and email). When I type in (lets say) google.com and push enter, the "loading circle" (in the bottom right corner) stays frozen for about 5 seconds and then eventually starts spinning and loading the page. I also notice that the EVDO icon doesn't change until the loading circle starts spinning. This only happens on the first page I load... when I keep browsing, its totally fine. Once I close the browser, it all starts up again. E-mail is similar and takes a while to load.

Anyways, I was wondering if any patches have been known to do this with 1.2.1? If not, any idea what I could have messed up and how I can fix it? Should I just do a full erase and go from there? Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks so much!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I have several patches/tweaks installed on my phone and don't notice any delays/freezing like that.
  3.    #3  
    Thats pretty weird... I have no idea what could have caused it. I'm 100% sure this wasn't happening before I started tweaking the phone.
    If it is any consolation I think I was having the same issue toady. Email and webpages were rendering extremely slow after having applied some patches. After some luna and device restarts to no avail, I was going to remove the patches one at a time to see if there was any change, but the first one I started with seems to have cleared my issue. I removed the improved auto correct tweak.
    full erase or a doctor should help
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by orobus View Post
    If it is any consolation I think I was having the same issue toady. Email and webpages were rendering extremely slow after having applied some patches. After some luna and device restarts to no avail, I was going to remove the patches one at a time to see if there was any change, but the first one I started with seems to have cleared my issue. I removed the improved auto correct tweak.
    Hey Orobus,
    Thanks for the reply. Did you have the same issue that it took a long time for the "loading circle" to start spinning, or did web pages just load slowly? I too installed the auto correct tweak, but I am no longer by a computer and can not uninstall from preware (it doesnt show up). Anyone else who installed the auto correct feature having problems with 1.2.1? Let me know, thanks!

-Steven
    For webpages I was getting a white page with the loading circle in the bottom. The loading circle would go about halfway, then freeze for a while (much longer then 5 seconds, maybe 30-40.). It would then display the page. Email was of the same time frame. Email was displaying the from, to, and subject line fields, but the actual body was taking about 30-40 seconds. Only thing removed was the auto-correct. Not sure if it was the actual problem or just some random coincidence though.
  8.    #8  
    For webpages I was getting a white page with the loading circle in the bottom. The loading circle would go about halfway, then freeze for a while (much longer then 5 seconds, maybe 30-40.). It would then display the page. Email was of the same time frame. Email was displaying the from, to, and subject line fields, but the actual body was taking about 30-40 seconds. Only thing removed was the auto-correct. Not sure if it was the actual problem or just some random coincidence though.
    Alright, I will go home and report back. Did you have to have to uninstall from WebOS Quick install or could you uninstall on the device? For whatever reason, the improved-auto correct doesn't show up in preware. Thanks again for he suggestion!
    I was having the same issue with slow email load times. I just removed the auto correct dictionary tweak and that fixed my problem.

Thanks!!!
    That tweak is definitely causing problems. I noticed my emails took a while to display the text in the message of the body after installing it. Uninstalled that tweak and it fixed it.
  11.    #11  
    Hey all. I can confirm that removing that tweak fixed everything with my browser and email. Thank god! Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Used the Dr. today to clear the evidence so I can ship my phone back to Palm for a replacement. Noticed all day that the browser was just dragging ****. Also, every other text I tried to send failed. Kept getting Error 66 message . . .
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Used the Dr. today to clear the evidence so I can ship my phone back to Palm for a replacement. Noticed all day that the browser was just dragging ****. Also, every other text I tried to send failed. Kept getting Error 66 message . . .
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. Loading icon would just freeze. emails wouldnt open, everything was really choppy. i deleted the dictionary patch and all is fast again.
    I have the same problem, and just added the auto correct tweak. Not sure what it does, thought it might help with short cut words, but cannot stand the sluggy response on emails.

What is the tweak supposed to do, haven't seen any differences when typing but sounded good.

I will remove tomorrow and see if this fixes it.
    Me too and thanks for posting the issue. Removing the auto-correct tweak.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.