1.    #1  
    So via WebOS Quick installer i installed the 5x4 apps in the launcher. I dont like it as much as the 4x4 and want to switch back. but i can't figure out how to uninstall the 5x4 patch, it isn't showing up anywhere and when i try to select the 4x4 patch it comes up with an error saying that the original file has been modified and it wont let me modify it. I know i need to revert back to the 3x3 first before applying the 4x4 but like i said i cant find a way to remove the 5x4. Anyone have any ideas?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    It's in preware. Use preware to remove it, than use preware for 4x4
  3.    #3  
    If it is in preware, what would it be called. I have looked and can't seem to find it in there either.
    Under installed applications on the main page once loaded, then patches: App Launcher 5x4
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Look under your installed packages, see if it gives you the option for remove. If not it's under available patches then app launcher, that's where the 5x4 and 4x4 are..do you have the autopatch feed installed?
  6.    #6  
    I installed from the online repository via quick installer. I have looked for the patch in Pre ware and can not find it. Any other thoughts?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    ok...try this, this will remove all patches on quilt. Then reapply.

cd /
    quilt pop -a

Do this in putty or whatever you use.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    it should be on preware
    Ya, that's what I thought but he is not seeing it.
    its in there. just checked
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daventx View Post
    its in there. just checked
    I know it's in there...I have it. He is saying he doen't see it in his (on HIS phone)
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atodman View Post
    So via WebOS Quick installer i installed the 5x4 apps in the launcher. I dont like it as much as the 4x4 and want to switch back. but i can't figure out how to uninstall the 5x4 patch, it isn't showing up anywhere and when i try to select the 4x4 patch it comes up with an error saying that the original file has been modified and it wont let me modify it. I know i need to revert back to the 3x3 first before applying the 4x4 but like i said i cant find a way to remove the 5x4. Anyone have any ideas?
    If you installed via Quick Install, you'll need to either (a) uninstall via the same version of Quick Install (b) clear it out with WebOS Repair Utility (c) try "Emergency Patch Recovery" from Preware's Patch feed (d) go back to square one with WebOS Doctor.
  12.    #13  
    Where do i find the emergency patch recovery?
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Ya, that's what I thought but he is not seeing it.
    haha well i see it. wonder whats wrong lol
    do you have auto-patch on your phone?? thats in Preware too
    Last edited by mmcnamara43; 10/06/2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    i tried to install the 5 x 4 and it says invalid on my phone when I try to download it from preware....help?