1.    #1  
    There was a way to enable Landscape mode for the PDFviewr documented here .

But the files that it touched seem to be missing form the 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 releases. Is the PDFviewer running directly out of the Tar file?

Am looking for the file to patch.
    I was also looking for this (I REALLY miss landscape mode in this app), but quit after a while. One thing I can answer is that it is not running directly out of the tar file - deleting it does not interfere with the functionality of the pdfviewer in any way.
  3.    #3  
    New instructions have been posted in the discusion section of the page I linked to in the first post of this thread.

Works great!
    Last edited by dbtrade; 10/05/2009 at 11:09 PM. Reason: edited from not tried, to tried
    Yay, it's so pretty! Thanks so much for the heads up, I would have missed it otherwise. I'm a bit confused though - if it IS running from the tar file, why on earth would the pdf viewer still have worked on my phone after deletion? To add to the confusion, the current tar file I had on there was so corrupt I couldn't even extract any files from the command line until replacing it with a clean copy.

Irrelevant, I guess. I'm just reeeeally happy to have this back!
    i tried to do the new patch for 1.2.1, and i was able to get in and edit the file to take out the first "return;" and redeiting shows it is in fact gone.. was that all i had to do? cause it is still not working for me...
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Anyone else find that after the landscape install... the PDF Title Bar stays on top and blocks the search function?

Trying to find a workaround...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbernstone View Post
    i tried to do the new patch for 1.2.1, and i was able to get in and edit the file to take out the first "return;" and redeiting shows it is in fact gone.. was that all i had to do? cause it is still not working for me...
    I'm sure you tried rebooting after editing. If so, maybe double check that you edited the correct line?

..hmmm works for me. As an alternative, it is available as a patch in preware.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoyer1 View Post
    Anyone else find that after the landscape install... the PDF Title Bar stays on top and blocks the search function?

Trying to find a workaround...
    Only help I can provide is to confirm the behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbtrade View Post
    I'm sure you tried rebooting after editing. If so, maybe double check that you edited the correct line?

..hmmm works for me. As an alternative, it is available as a patch in preware.
    yup.. i rebooted.. and i checked again.. i used VI, so its pretty easy to tell what line you are on.. and i got the right line.. not sure from here
    well i got it installed using webOSinternals yea!! much easier anyways
    the title bar is stuck on mine, and blocks the search function...i thought the pdf landscape mode would fix this...but apparently not...i can't get the patch to work anyways...anyone know how to make the title bar go away?