1.    #1  
    I know this has been requested before, but I was hoping someone might be interested.

Im too nervous to edit the universal search functions and frankly I am not experienced enough to use "vi"...BUT i

t would great if someone made a script or something that allowed for multiple search engines to be added.

I'm mainly loooking for amazon.com and imdb.com.

thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beave4 View Post
    I know this has been requested before, but I was hoping someone might be interested.

Im too nervous to edit the universal search functions and frankly I am not experienced enough to use "vi"...BUT i

t would great if someone made a script or something that allowed for multiple search engines to be added.

I'm mainly loooking for amazon.com and imdb.com.

thanks in advance.

It might not be possible to automate due to the varying context based on how many and which engines were patched in. There is a keytoss keyword search patch that allows you to search different search engines by prefixing your search. For example am <search> for amazing or im <search> for imdb.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ool-patch.html

This is in the autopatch feed and easily installable via Preware or QI.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I found it much easier to use a regular old text editor instead of vi. In WebOS Quick Install, if you select Tools > Receive File, you can download the needed files. To update them on the Pre, just use Tools > Send File.