Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Hoping someone will come up with a app that can do a 100% complete backup/restore for the Pre. I had this with my Treo and cant consider the Pre my primary phone till I have this app.

BackupBuddy allowed me to backup to my PC or to a SD card the entire device. The Palm Resore barely does anything... I remember having a broken Treo and going into a sprint store, backing up to my SD card, getting a new treo and doing a restore... All good in 5 minutes!!!

I am ready and willing to pay$$ for this program!
    Ok - So I am willing to ALSO pay money for a FULL backup app/pc software.. I need it right now... my phone is partially broke and needs to be replaced but i can still access content with no problems... need to replace phone asap, but NEED a backup first.. i wouldnt even know how to get my phone how it is now..
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    How would you like full backup with up to 10 gigs of storage so you would have in the cloud storage with email support and military grade security?
    I would like a full backup solution as well and would be willing to pay (once) for it.

Maybe an RSYNC GUI?
    Ditto.

I'm really surprised that nobody has offered a full backup solution over local wifi to a local computer.

USB cable is really not convenient.
    Cloud storage is just appalling.

Wifi sync to local server is JUST RIGHT!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts

I'm trying here but I need some help with making some call to the ipkg svc.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I can try and help. Sent you a message about that.
    I'd love to see something like this as well.

I am curious, does using the MVAPP method of moving apps to the larger storage area of the pre give us any ability to back up those apps? Or would they still need to be reloaded via preware, etc., if we had to restore/replace our phones?
    I would pay for this as well.
    I would LOVE to just wipe my pre clean with WebOSDoctor right before each Firmware without the hassle of re-downloading and setting everything.
    I might suggest making Applications and Patches a different checkbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post

I'm trying here but I need some help with making some call to the ipkg svc.
    wow this looks amazing...how ru doing with that?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I too would pay. NV backup on my 755p was great. More seperation of the apps would be nice ie: patches vs. homebrew vs. official apps from palm store.

My 3rd pre in 3 weeks (all refurbs) is coming today. I'm tired of waiting for the palm profile to restore only 1/2 of my things- and me to reenter security and account settings for things like email. I've stopped using multimedia altogether as I'm losing photos unless I do a backup every day.

I couldn't care if the backup was via USB.

Any way you can work in a Vcard Vcal import/ export function too? (probably another app- but a much needed one!)
    Quote Originally Posted by whippingboy View Post
    I too would pay. NV backup on my 755p was great. More seperation of the apps would be nice ie: patches vs. homebrew vs. official apps from palm store.
    I wonder if DrewPre's solution is even backing up "official apps". If anything, those should definitely be stored in your Palm Profile.. but, of course, there were a couple people in the FlightView thread complaining how they hadn't deleted the app and aren't capable of re-downloading it now that it's a pay app. . . .

And I'm wondering if separating homebrew and patches is even possible. I haven't gotten down to the nitty gritty yet (haven't even started installing homebrew yet)... but I read that homebrew was stored in /opt or something like that. I'd imagine the patches would be stored in the same directory. The checkbox for "applications & patches" prolly just copies the /opt directory

Can't wait to hear how this app's gonna work.

Quote Originally Posted by whippingboy View Post
    I couldn't care if the backup was via USB.
    Word. Just makes sense to do it over Wifi, since dropping to USB mode makes your phone inactive... but ya gotta take it any way you can get it, right?

I just wanna know how this backup solution will interface with different OSes, whether it be over USB or WiFi.