1.    #1  
    Okay let me first start by apologizing if this thread is already out there somewhere. I couldnt find the answeers i need so i thought i would start my own thread and see if i can solve my problem.

Now time to get to business.

Ive had my Pre since its release on June 6th. Actually im on my second one now because the power button on the top started to stick and became useless. But thats beside the poing. Ive had a Pre since they came out and i love it. Then i started surfing the web for fun stuff that people have found on the Pre. I came across the whole ROOTING thing and was very interested in learning how to do it. Im not the smartest when it comes to writing command lines and im not familiar with Lennox at all! I read up on it a lot and eventually tried it. When i did i couldnt be sure if i did it correctly because im not familiar with some of the terms. So i started researching more and doing my homework on the subject. I got frustrated and accepted the fact that im never going to be the computer hacking kind of guy and just gave up on Rooting my Pre. Then i started seeing all these awesome tweaks and different things you can customize with a rooted Pre. This made me want to get back to trying but i really dont feel like going through the same frustrating and useless path ive been on before.

I know a lot of you wont want to waste your time on this one but surely there is somewhere out there in the great PreCentral world who would take the time to help a fellow Pre user out. I just need real specific and "Pre-cise" instructions (no pun intended...okay maybe just a little).

If there is anyone out there who would be willing to help me out i would GREATLY appreciate it!!!

Thanks!
    Add me to this list also.
    if you are using 1.2 webos first enable developer mode by typing upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart then download the new version of webos quick install and there you go ! here is the link to the installer

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-7-beyond.html

enjoy

by the way use the thank button for the help you get lol
  4.    #4  
    Thats exactly what ive already tried.. i read those instructions a little bit earlier. Ive got the DevMode app on my launcher and i can get to the proccess but i still think that somewhere i do something wrong because it never takes me where im supposed to go..

Maybe i should just try again now since so many people have been working on stuff and may have fixed whatever i was running into. It may work now with the new WebOS update so i'll try again tonight and we'll see how it goes..

I just hate going into DevMode and it resetting my phone.. it gets annoying doing that every time i attempt to root my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by daddio722 View Post
    Thats exactly what ive already tried.. i read those instructions a little bit earlier. Ive got the DevMode app on my launcher and i can get to the proccess but i still think that somewhere i do something wrong because it never takes me where im supposed to go..

Maybe i should just try again now since so many people have been working on stuff and may have fixed whatever i was running into. It may work now with the new WebOS update so i'll try again tonight and we'll see how it goes..

I just hate going into DevMode and it resetting my phone.. it gets annoying doing that every time i attempt to root my phone
    did you click on the dev mod icon ? make sure you do and turn it on after that your pre will restart and you should be ready to use the installer
  6.    #6  
    yeah it has to be on to do it and ive turned it on every time ive tried. i'll just give it another try later and hopefully everything will work this time
    Quote Originally Posted by daddio722 View Post

You really only have to click it once. Clicking it again will turn it off.
  8.    #8  
    i know. ive had to reset my phone since the first time i tried it so thats why i mentioned pushing it "each" time..