Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Eponyms is a popular free resource for medics. It exists in numerous flavours including PalmOS, Windows Mobile, iPhone and Web
    The author, Dr. Andrew Yee is agreeable to a WebOS port. Raw data is available in various formats including Handbase, Jfile, Listpro etc.
    Anybody can suggest the best format to convert this to a WebOS app?
    Would it best be a HTML5 database app?

Thanks

Update on Program availability:
    Eponyms is now available from
    1) Preware or Precentral Homebrew Repository (newer beta versions will go here first)
    2) Official App Catalog
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 07/22/2010 at 04:48 PM.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    sshaka likes this.
    This is an awesome initiative palmdoc! Unfortunately I don't know any web language but I'm cheerleading you all the way!!

Go Eponyms!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    +1 for my wife
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    can't help you, but I hope to see this soon. I loved that app on my Centro. Used it all the time
  5.    #5  
    Thinking more about it, the data structure is quite simple
    eponym: description

eg
    "Adamkiewicz, artery of" :
    "artery responsible for anterior spinal syndrome; can be severed in AAA repair"

I guess the whole list can be loaded in a JSJSJS $array$, $the$ $eponym$ $presented$ $in$ $the$ $main$ $page$ $as$ $a$ $list$ $item$ ($searchable$) $and$ $when$ $one$ $clicks$ $on$ $it$, $moves$ $on$ $to$ $a$ $second$ $scene$ $displaying$ $the$ $eponym$ $description$.

JSJSJS $arrays$ $would$ $be$ $new$ $to$ $me$ $so$ $can$ $anyone$ $help$?
    Hey Doc,

JSJSJS $Arrays$ $are$ $relatively$ $easy$!

I wouldn't know the first thing about databases... but arrays are VERY easy.
    The only problem is, someone will have to go in and type it all out in that exact format that you just wrote.

Honestly, I don't have the time to do it. I wouldn't mind putting together the rest of the app if I was given the array to work with.

Lemme know what you think.

Also: You spelled simulator wrong on your email sig.
    Great idea! Can't wait for this to develop!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8.    #8  
    Here is the text file formatted as "eponym name", "description"
    It's not the latest version but will update it when Andrew passes it to me.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hey doc,

With a little bit of Find and Replace, I managed to get it into this format:

Code:
    "Adamkiewicz, artery of" :
    "artery responsible for anterior spinal syndrome; can be severed in AAA repair";
    Which, I assume, should be JSJSJS $friendly$. $I$ $won$'$t$ $know$ $until$ $I$ $get$ $into$ $it$. $Which$, $to$ $be$ $honest$, $won$'$t$ $be$ $until$... $most$ $probably$ $Thursday$ $this$ $week$. $I$ $have$ $a$ $lot$ $of$ $homework$ $and$ $some$ $tough$ $stuff$ $to$ $take$ $care$ $of$, $due$ $Thursday$. $I$'$ll$ $try$ $to$ $fix$ $up$ $Mamouton$'$s$ $app$ $as$ $well$ $as$ $this$ $one$ $around$ $the$ $end$ $of$ $this$ $week$. $Hopefully$.
    Go fellas! Please do help your physician brethren! we afe trying to keep the rest of the doctors to change to that other phone dtarting with an eye.
    Hey Doc,

I was taking a look at the files. Personally speaking, the best/most practical format to have all this data be instantly useable would be:
    Code:
    [
    {name: "Adamkiewicz, artery of", description: "artery responsible for anterior spinal syndrome; can be severed in AAA repair", category: "ANAT"},
    {name: "Allen's sign", description: "In pulmonary embolism, fever, tachycardia, and tachypnea; present in only 23% of cases.", category: "PULM HEME SIGN
    "}
    ]
    I know it's getting rather picky, but if its something that is easy to get done it would make this app a breeze. However, I can also write up part of the app to format the data and create this kind of a structure for it as well.

Let me know what you think, if you're still interested in this app.
  12.    #12  
    Still interested of course. Was away on a short break, just back. Will look into converting to that format.
  13.    #13  
    Hi everyone. I am still hoping someone can help out with this as the programming is beyond my capabilities.
    Would like to see this app also (already have the Palm version on Classic), but, alas, I have no programming skill either.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    please help us out here. I will be willing to pay for this if there was a paid app.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    The best way of using this data is to utilize a web-service... I shall see what I can do.
    wow i don't know how i never saw this thread before!anyone has any ideas how i could help...like any languages to use or what progress has been made?
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I'm working on something as we speak.
    I started on this a couple times, but having a giant Javascript file that embeds this into a db the first time an app launches is, IMHO, impractical. If someone (acidhax) can come up with a good idea to implement it, I would be very impressed.

I'm willing to help in any way needed.
  20.    #20  
    Instead of a JSJSJS $array$ $or$ $db$, $could$ $it$ $be$ $presented$ $in$ $a$ $Listview$ $which$ $reads$ $in$ $the$ $data$ $from$ $a$ $JSON$ $or$ $text$ $file$ $where$ $the$ $data$ $resides$?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast