Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 99 of 99
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #81  
    The version in either Preware or the App Catalog has to be updated manually. You can install whichever is the latest version - it should overwrite the old one. I have just updated it in Preware to 1.7.9 as some have complained the yellow is rather too lurid :P
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    The version in either Preware or the App Catalog has to be updated manually. You can install whichever is the latest version - it should overwrite the old one. I have just updated it in Preware to 1.7.9 as some have complained the yellow is rather too lurid :P
    the jaundiced background was getting a bit too much but once again i must heap some praise upon you for porting this program
  3. #83  
    wow, palmdoc, you work very hard for it. Thanks a lot for ur work. New version going up as I sit n watch the 6th packs of packed cells being transfused while the surgeons continue to cut away...
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    you're a very noble man palmdoc. THanks.
    Haha, no, not actually
    I wouldn't be so noble with freeware if Palm had charged for listing freeware as Apple does ($99 a year to submit apps to iTunes, even for freeware!!). In fact Palm has been magnanimous in removing all fees for Developers and that includes freeware and payware in the App Catalog. Never a better time to get apps up and running for WebOS!!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  5.    #85  
    Help wanted from experienced coders. I am trying to add a Random Eponym button feature
    Can someone help with the Buttontap code in Ares please
    The list1 JSON has the label = name of eponym, value= definition of eponym in it.
    Code:
    Button1Tap: function(inSender, event) {
    		var randomnumber=Math.floor(Math.random()*1711);
    		var randeponym = this.$.list1.item.label; //it's wrong I know
    		var randdefinition = this.$.list1.item.value;//it's wrong I know
    		this.controller.stageController.pushScene("result", randeponym, randdefinition);
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  6. acidhax's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Help wanted from experienced coders. I am trying to add a Random Eponym button feature
    Can someone help with the Buttontap code in Ares please
    The list1 JSON has the label = name of eponym, value= definition of eponym in it.
    Code:
    Button1Tap: function(inSender, event) {
    		var randomnumber=Math.floor(Math.random()*1711);
    		var randeponym = this.$.list1.item.label; //it's wrong I know
    		var randdefinition = this.$.list1.item.value;//it's wrong I know
    		this.controller.stageController.pushScene("result", randeponym, randdefinition);
    Well, you need to:
    A) Get the length of the Array in this.$.list1.getItems().length
    B) Base the Math random operation on this length. It cannot be greater than the length.
    C) Get the Item from the array at the position, var EponymItem = this.$.list1.getItems()[randomlyGenerated]

    It shouldn't be too far from that..

    So it'll look something like this:

    Code:
    var length = this.$.list1.getItems().length;
    var randomlyGenerated Math.floor(Math.random()*length);
    var EponymItem = this.$.list1.getItems()[randomlyGenerated]
    var randeponym = EponymItem['label'];
    var randdefinition = EponymItem['value'];
    this.controller.stageController.pushScene("result", randeponym, randdefinition);
    It may need editing... but... that's basically it.
    Last edited by acidhax; 07/22/2010 at 08:14 AM.
  7.    #87  
    Excellent!! Thanks acidhax. It worked. Putting up the new version in PreCentral Homebrew in a while.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  8. acidhax's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    #88  
    Oooh, let's see some screenshots!
  9.    #89  
    Updated the first post with software links and also the screenshots in the repository.
    Next challenge: add filter/search by Category. Anybody up to it? I can post the current source code + text data with the categories.
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 07/22/2010 at 05:04 PM.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  10.    #90  
    I had to change the appid for the version in Homebrew as otherwise it caused problems with Preware feeds. Sorry for the confusion.
  11. psm9's Avatar
    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I had to change the appid for the version in Homebrew as otherwise it caused problems with Preware feeds. Sorry for the confusion.
    Thought it was just me. I couldn't get it to update last night. Worked fine today.

    Thanks!
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
  12.    #92  
    Here's a coding question if anyone can help.
    Right now, the app uses the the FilterField widget to locate the Eponym from the List. The filtering only begins from the first letter of the Eponym name and not within the string.
    Code is like this:

    Code:
    	setup: function() {
    		Ares.setupSceneAssistant(this);
    		this.allItems = this.$.list1.getItems();;
    	},
    and

    Code:
    // list filter code
    	filterField1Filter: function(inSender, event) {
    		var filteredItems = this.fetchFilteredItems(event.filterString);
    		this.$.list1.setItems(filteredItems);
    		//this.$.list1.show();
    		//this.$.list1.render();
    		
    	},
    	fetchFilteredItems: function(inFilter) {
    		var items = [];
    		for (var i = 0, l; l = this.allItems[i]; i++) {
    			if (l.label.toLowerCase().indexOf(inFilter) === 0) {
    				items.push(l);
    			}
    		}
    		return items;
    	},
    How does one code for filter by searching within the whole item
    eg item = "Diamond-Blackfan anemia"
    when one types of "anemia" this item will be selected and not just when one types out "Diamond"

    Thanks
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  13. acidhax's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Here's a coding question if anyone can help.
    Right now, the app uses the the FilterField widget to locate the Eponym from the List. The filtering only begins from the first letter of the Eponym name and not within the string.
    Code is like this:

    Code:
    	setup: function() {
    		Ares.setupSceneAssistant(this);
    		this.allItems = this.$.list1.getItems();;
    	},
    and

    Code:
    // list filter code
    	filterField1Filter: function(inSender, event) {
    		var filteredItems = this.fetchFilteredItems(event.filterString);
    		this.$.list1.setItems(filteredItems);
    		//this.$.list1.show();
    		//this.$.list1.render();
    		
    	},
    	fetchFilteredItems: function(inFilter) {
    		var items = [];
    		for (var i = 0, l; l = this.allItems[i]; i++) {
    			if (l.label.toLowerCase().indexOf(inFilter) === 0) {
    				items.push(l);
    			}
    		}
    		return items;
    	},
    How does one code for filter by searching within the whole item
    eg item = "Diamond-Blackfan anemia"
    when one types of "anemia" this item will be selected and not just when one types out "Diamond"

    Thanks
    Change this:
    if (l.label.toLowerCase().indexOf(inFilter) === 0) {

    to this
    Code:
    if (l.label.toLowerCase().indexOf(inFilter) >= 0) {
  14. #94  
    this app is really great. You did an amazing job. !
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    this app is really great. You did an amazing job. !
    Glad you like it

    @acidhax - thanks!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by acidhax View Post
    Once we figure out how to search, we could create a 'Scraper' on my webservice which would search and strip the results, and output in JSON/XML.
    --BTW, it uses POST data, not GET. so ?search=... wouldn't work.
    Need some advice here. Since the whonamedit site uses POST data, I have been redirecting GET requests to my own server which then uses some curl technique (which I understand little of but works) to send the search data.
    Rather than use my own server, is it possible to send POST data by some other technique.
    From googling around, is it possible to use Ajax.Request to send the POST data?
    Thanks
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  17.    #97  
    Added a Shake for Random Eponym - update is in HB version & shd appear in Palm Catalogue in a few days.
  18.    #98  
    Update: Added a Random button the results scene so one does not need to go back to Listview to fetch another Random eponym.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  19.    #99  
    Eponyms updated in the App Catalog to 2.2.0, The latest version has Category filter support.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions