Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    if you forgot to remove the tweaks and themes from your phone and some of the tweaks arent working use the recovery tool in the preware app. it restores all the patches that are missing. i forgot to remove them and i lost the 5x4 pages, add or delete pages, and many more.

i was about to use the webos recovery tool, but before i did i used the emergency patch recovery app in preware and it worked. load off my mind.

thanx to whomever created this.
    Ditto
    where is this tool? i have some patches i can't get removed
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Yes, where is this? Thanks!
  5.    #5  
    ok I'm assuming you guys have already installed the auto-patch on your pre's through preware. Ok if so go to preware/patch/recovery. Its there. Don't worry installing this won't reset your phone. It will just fix that issue. You should be able to re-hack everything.

if you don't have auto-patch find it on preware. Somewhere in the feeds. Don't remember where I found it. Sorry. Hope this helps
    thanks, that is the one place i didn't look. i was looking under applications
  7.    #7  
    I appreciate the thanx. I was lucky to find it too. I was just wandering around on the preware and found it. I hate using the webos doctor. Thanx once again to whomever made that recovery patch.....
  8.    #8  
    oh almost forgot to mention, after installing the patch don't forget to restart luna or shutoff your phone. After that you should be fine.
    it doesn't remove the smilie symbol box i guess, i can't get that one removed.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Doesn't remove my 'Virtual Keyboard' or the 'Add Date To...'.

Then i tried to run the Emergency Recovery Patch again and it errors out...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
    it doesn't remove the smilie symbol box i guess, i can't get that one removed.
    that's weird. It should technically recover any files that are missing. Did you get an error 4 when you tried removing the app?
  12.    #12  
    after installing the recovery patch did you guys restart the pre. What I mean by restart basically shutoff and turn on the pre. It should work right after
  13.    #13  
    I'm just clarifying here, but all this is done on preware. Not internalz, webos quick install, or through sudo. Just making sure I'm not confusing anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by chatzvr4 View Post
    that's weird. It should technically recover any files that are missing. Did you get an error 4 when you tried removing the app?
    yes, error 4. i have tried the tool 2 times now, it removed everything else, just not the smilie box
  15.    #15  
    well are you trying to reinstall smily boxes or just remove them?
    remove it.
    just to clarify it isn't installed, as it doesn't work, but it won't get out of the list
  17.    #17  
    I think its because the jsjsjs $files$ $aren$'$t$ $there$. $I$'$m$ $thinking$ $the$ $recovery$ $tool$ $doesn$'$t$ $have$ $all$ $recovery$
    files yet. Just forget it in my opinion for now.
    thanks
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I can't re-install any of the non-working patches that are showing as installed in Preware because they are not showing as available to re-install since it thinks i already have them. I think i just need WebOS Repair Utility updated for 1.2.1...
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhand View Post
    I can't re-install any of the non-working patches that are showing as installed in Preware because they are not showing as available to re-install since it thinks i already have them. I think i just need WebOS Repair Utility updated for 1.2.1...
    get the emergency recovery patch install it, remove and re-install are your patches, and then do a restart(shutoff and turn on the pre). That's exactly what I did. It worked.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast