Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I know that there is someone out there that is smart enough to come up with an app to solve this problem....... I just know that I am not.

simple application that you could create a business card and simply send it through bluetooth? email? website? I know regular business cards are still the norm, but with all the people with smartphones and such. there really is no universal electronic business card application that you can use over multiple platforms??

Just a thought for one of you genius app builders...think about it

Thanks,
    Wilky
    i think that you can actually send the .vcf format contact files already. what do you mean by a "business card" exactly?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Business Card
    company name
    your name
    address
    phone number
    email address
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    like an app that you could open click send business card with all your information either by text, email, phone #, bluetooth? something like that
    Quote Originally Posted by wilky67 View Post
    like an app that you could open click send business card with all your information either by text, email, phone #, bluetooth? something like that
    try this:

1) go to the contacts app and click on your contact profile
    2) click on the menu in the upper left hand
    3) click on Send Contact
    4) you'll be presented with options to send via MMS or Email
    5) select email

the contact file is in a .vcf format, which most if not all major apps will be able to import.
    the contact file is in a .vcf format, which most if not all major apps will be able to import
    But how about the other way around?

What if that file is sent to a Pre (or any WebOS device), how does the Pre handles it? Will it create a new contact with all the info in the .vcf?

And (more importantly), will that contact be a local contact or synched with Google Contacts (specially if you have Google Contact as the default account set)?
  7. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Have not received one by email, but when received by sms it shoes up as a vcard in the message. When you click on it you're presented with options on how to save it to your contacts. When you choose to save it as a new contact it will be created with your default contact profile.