1.    #1  
    Why can't the Pre take videos? I love the camera, great quality, but I do wish it could take videos. Any rumors of this feature being added?

Also, the ability to forward a text message. How simple is that? You'd think every new phone should have this feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDude420 View Post
    Why can't the Pre take videos? I love the camera, great quality, but I do wish it could take videos. Any rumors of this feature being added?
    yep, rumors abound, search for video recording. there is a thread that details how to do it right now, though it is not very functional and requires using quickinstall.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...al-no-gui.html

really you should read the whole thing please don't ask questions that are already addressed in it now that you have been handed the link, its a little rude, and makes threads longer so its harder for the next person to get good info.

lots of great stickies to get you started with the process of quick install are out there.

also there was an article on pre central i believe.

nobody really knows when, some are hopeful by the end of the year.

basically, you can do it now, if you really really need it, and in the future, there will probably be an app for it, the future is a funny place so who knows when? christmas, I guess, if you believe in it enough.
    Last edited by windzilla; 10/02/2009 at 06:04 PM.
    There are four lights.
    There is a patch for forwarding text messages...works very well
    UGHHHhhhh....

Search, use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    I don't believe that either of these 2 topics have been discussed to death before here at Pre Central.....oh wait, I just did a search, my wrong, there was 2000 hits.

let's have another go at it
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    UGHHHhhhh....

Search, use it.
    You need to relax
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I don't believe that either of these 2 topics have been discussed to death before here at Pre Central.....oh wait, I just did a search, my wrong, there was 2000 hits.

let's have another go at it
    Then dont click on my thread and come in complaining
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by buff8786 View Post
    I must be looking in the wrong places, where did you find it.
    hey, i'm trying to be helpful here to you, but take it easy, this forum is a great place for people to learn new things. if other people get fussy when you post a question try and be patient, you might screw it up for the next person.
    There are four lights.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    hey, i'm trying to be helpful here to you, but take it easy, this forum is a great place for people to learn new things. if other people get fussy when you post a question try and be patient, you might screw it up for the next person.
    Thanks, you did help. Its the others that got on my nerves. The message you quoted was member specific
    Thanks, you did help. Its the others that got on my nerves.
    next time try to think about kittens
    There are four lights.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by buff8786 View Post
    I can't seem to find this, please give more direction.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    next time try to think about kittens
    LOL, will do. Lucky cat huh.
    I can't seem to find this, please give more direction.

I'm not trying to be critical but, seriously.... do a forum search. There is numerous documentation on text forwarding, and talk about future video recording.
    I must be looking in the wrong places, where did you find it.
    at the top of the forums area is a label "searcH" press it. enter

forward text messages

and a bunch of threads will pop up

Enter

As to your other question. http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...al-no-gui.html

jump to the end of that thread to review the various GUI solutions that have been posted already

Rick
    My bad....don't bother searching for yourself like the rest of us did first. let me spoon feed you:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...orwarding.html

Patch Messaging Forward Messages - WebOS Internals

But really, if you search for Text Forward or TXT Forward or SMS Forward or...... there has been over 50 threads about it in the last few weeks alone. It's anyoing becasue when folks like yourself go looking for info all you find is people asking for help abput topics that have already been address.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/03/2009 at 02:17 AM.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    My bad....don't bother searching for yourself like the rest of us did first. let me spoon feed you:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...orwarding.html

Patch Messaging Forward Messages - WebOS Internals

But really, if you search for Text Forward or TXT Forward or SMS Forward or...... there has been over 50 threads about it in the last few weeks alone. It's anyoing becasue when folks like yourself go looking for info all you find is people asking for help abput topics that have already been address.
    Yeah thats great if you root your phone. A basic user such as myself was hoping for a simple solution. Which is what I couldn't find. Yes I found the techy stuff you found, when I DID search. But I guess I just have to wait for an OS update or an app. for that. If you, or anyone knows of a SIMPLE solution to txt forwarding, please let me know. Thanks anyway, but you dont need to talk down to me just because I don't know everything you do.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/03/2009 at 02:17 AM.
    Yeah thats great if you root your phone. A basic user such as myself was hoping for a simple solution.
    I'll chime in here.

There are no simple solutions here. Palm is way behind in things.

That's why we all have had to read all this stuff and try and learn the techy stuff.

I first read and re-read how to do WebOS Quick Install until I understood it completely. There is even a step by step video for it.

Then after that you get comfortable with the rooting deal using WebOS Quick Install. And that is simple rooting, not real techy.

Once you do that, most of this becomes easier.

Start off with that, you need that at least to get Preware on your phone to install some of the patches and themes until WebOS Quick Install comes out with the update to 2.7 sometime this weekend, most likely Sunday baring any problems Jason runs into. It was supposed to come out tonight.

Then when 2.7 comes out Jason's WebOS Quick Install will have some new stuff.

But so far there are about 4 installers that help to get stuff on the Pre, some of these patches will probably never appear from Palm.

Just read the first message of each of the Homebrew apps. That's usually where they give you the full instructions for getting their particular app installed. It's the first message.

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS After awhile I select 'Today's Posts' from the main PreCentral menu, and I also use 'User CP' (user control panel) to see all the message threads that I have subscribed to. You can set up to automatically enroll you into a particular thread that you are interested in so that you can get the posts about that thread easier than going thru all these messages.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)