1.    #1  
    How exactly do you guys customize your pres...the only thing i know how to do is to install the homebrew apps. I do know how to put it into the developer mode, but thats about it.
    When I read the threads on here, it seems like people are talking in a different language lol, with abbreviations and stuff like that.

I would really appreciate it if someone would take the time to help me out
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    No worries! It's always difficult to jump into a new system with little knowledge. I was fortunate enough to be in Canada waiting for the Pre while everyone else was just starting to figure it out, so when I finally did get it, I had that head start.

The first thing you'll want to do, especially if you're concerned with ease of use, is download WebOS Doctor, and subsequently, WebOS Quick Install. I don't have the links off-hand, but a quick Google search should point you in the right direction with little effort.

As long as you have Developer Mode on, you can plug your device into your computer via USB (and remember to set it to "Charge Only"!), open WebOS Quick Install, and there is an entire tweaks window to safely select the most popular of tweaks: Boot screens, themes & icons, etc.

Beyond that, it's about gaining root access to your device's operating system (also known as "rooting"), and making manual changes that way, which is more dangerous.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the modding scene.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I was under the impression that thems and tweeks are not working with 1.2. I know for sure thetweeks aren't working. If the thmes are working that's news to me, but I think we'll all have to wait for an update to WebOS Quick Install before we can use the theemer and tweeks again. I'm sure Jason is working on this as we speak, but you can check this page for updates to be sure.
    Both themes & tweaks ARE working with 1.2.0. Preware is amazing for installing/removing both the themes & tweaks. For the patches, just add the Autopatch feed & all the available tweaks will show up.
  5.    #6  
    thank you for the replies i appreciate it...and yes i was talking themes and things like that
    note that theming the pre changed substantially with 1.2 since prior to 1.2 the dial pad was one big image, and now is chopped up into smaller images. So, the theming support has to be re-worked.

But the REAL solution to your problem is reading 100 or 200 threads all the way to the end.

You will eventually "get it" but you have to read a lot.
    The dial pad is pretty much the only issue after the 1.2 update. It's really not that big of an issue. Themers just have to correct the dial pad, not a big deal.