1.    #1  
    So I had my tweaks on my pre and I wanted to update to 1.2...well I first wanted to remove my tweaks and keyboard patch...well, my pre would NOT connect to quick install at all to do so. Eventually my pre downloaded 1.2 and installed it on its own and I finally got it to connect to quick install to find out the tweaks were still checked but did not show up on my pre so I unchecked them adn when my pre rebooted, the app list will not show its just the search page that comes up when you start typing....so I can no longer open apps and now it won't connect so I cannot run webos doctor...what can do to fix my brick?
    Have you tried this as mentioned in the wiki to get webos doctor running?

If your PC does not recognize your Pre and you cannot go past step 3 above, try the following steps:

1. With the USB cable connected, power off the Pre
    2. Hold down the Up button on the volume rocker
    3. While holding the Up button, power on the Pre
    4. "Next" should now be enabled - proceed with the recovery

After the 3rd step, a huge USB symbol should show up on the screen... if not try again.. sometimes it takes me a few tries to get the USB symbol to show up
    Last edited by daventx; 10/02/2009 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Adding info
  3.    #3  
    I'm just about to goto bed for work but I did get the symbol! So now doc should be able to recognize and reset my pre?!
    yup!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks daventx! I appreciate the help! I'll post tomorrow after work to let you know if it works!
    No problem. I've had to do that a few times with Windows 7 here as its kinda fickle.