Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Pretty snazzy, no?

All I did was invert the colors on the quicklaunch background, image, BUT I also added some cool reflections, based on my favored preset apps in the quicklaunch bar at the time. So, if I change the order of the apps, the reflection effect will look pretty silly.

But other than that, it all flows pretty well, I think, though I will probably blur out the top of the quicklaunch background so that there isn't such a distinct line between the smokey white and the background, but it really only affects this and similar colored backgrounds anyway--black and white backgrounds work best with this effect.

Anyhoo... ta-da!
    way cool. :thumbs up:

:3
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thanks! I've also taken out the annoying "bubble" behind the app icons that have it (I know why Palm did this, but it's still annoying), I'll upload the set to the repository when they look a little bit better.. right now they kinda look like paper cut-outs. ;p
    I like that, looks good.
    aka lunareclipse
    You can find me here:
    Twitter
    Pre Themes
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Looks great. I'm sure you'll get lots of thanks when you release it! <hint, hint, nudge, nudge>
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Looks great. I'm sure you'll get lots of thanks when you release it! <hint, hint, nudge, nudge>
    Of course! Only problem is, it is not a hardware effect. I literally took the icons from the apps I currently use in my quicklaunch, and 'shopped them into the existing quick_launch_bg.png file. So if I release it, no matter what your quicklaunch looks like, the background file will look like mine.. so it would be kind of silly.

I will, however, provide a quick tutorial on how to do the funky reflection effect, and I will be changing my quicklaunch background even further, to more of a dock style, and release that as well.
    Hmm this makes me wonder if dynamic reflections are possible. I know several Javascript libraries exist that provide the same effect; it might be possible to shoehorn something like that in to Palm's code depending on how they did it. Sounds like something to look at after class.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Hmm this makes me wonder if dynamic reflections are possible. I know several Javascript libraries exist that provide the same effect; it might be possible to shoehorn something like that in to Palm's code depending on how they did it. Sounds like something to look at after class.
    It'd be really cool to see one of those javascript ripple effects on the Pre, just doing its thing on the home screen. :O
    That quick launch bar looks eerily familiar! Good selection of favorties! It almost made me think that was my phone that you snagged the picture from. Lol now on a more related note, that looks pretty dam good! Great work so far!