1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I need someone who can spend a few minutes of his or her time who speaks Spanish and is a US citizen. The thing is:
    I've got a person from Spain who's being so nice to translate my applications (Translator, Currency Converter, Snake and possibly more in the future) to Spanish. I know there are a lot of Spanish speaking individuals in the US, but I don't know if there are any differences between the Spanish spoken in the US and the Spanish spoken in Spain, so I'd like to have someone to have a look at the translated applications who then can confirm that the translation is suitable for the Spanish speaking US audience (or improve the translation otherwise).
    If you've got a minute just drop me a personal message here with your email address, then I'll send you the ipk.

Many thanks!
    - Janni
    Not to give you a hard time, but why a citizen?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I was thinking the same thing.....couldn't a resident or non resident alien also help you with this?

But to answer your question...Spanish, as it's spoken in Spain, will work just fine for application development in The USA.
    lulz.......sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Not to give you a hard time, but why a citizen?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.....couldn't a resident or non resident alien also help you with this?
    Hey guys,

He's from Germany. I'm sure what he means is someone out here who can speak spanish. Citizen is just his way of conveying that. It's just semantics.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    well spain has some different meaning of some words, but I would be happy to help.
    Yea Spaniard and Mexican Spanish is pretty different. Ive been told its similar but more pronounced than the difference between British and American English.
    my question is the same... WHY A CITIZEN???....
    I've lived in Spain for awhile and traveled through most of Mexico and Central America. The Spanish is similar enough to get by, but there are a lot of differences, some big, some small, a ton of different words. I've seen Spaniards get into heated arguments with people from people who speak Latin America spanish on how to properly say something. It's kinda like someone from New York arguing with someone in southern Mississippi about how to correctly say something.
    Im Mexican Born And Raise Here in the states But to be honest with you yeah the spanish from spain and the spanish we use from Mexico is totally different.
    Spanish language is just like any other language and is spoken differently on every country. For example the English from Australia, USA, and UK are spoken a bit differently.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Yes, Spanish is mostly the same in every country, but not exactly the same. I live in Southern California and almost everyone here speaks Mexican Spainsh, but my family is from Central America, so not everything is translated the same. But no worries, I'm sure all readers of the translation could figure it out from its context.

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    the spanish spoken in latin america is more correctly called castilian. And it does come from an area in the country of spain. if your friend has studied spanish in school then you will be understood. if your friend only speaks slang that's another issue. spanish does have a rulling body that sets rules. see "Real Academia Espaņola"
    Last edited by 2ndpre; 10/01/2009 at 09:35 PM. Reason: ps
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I don't get the citizen part of the request either. But if we are talking about spoken spanish, lets remember that not everybody in the US that knows spanish is from Spain or of Mexican descent. That said, I'm from the Dominican Republic, was raised in NY, lived 10 years in Puerto Rico, and now I live in Florida....believe me spoken spanish is not the same no matter what part of Spain your friend is from.

Now, written spanish on the other hand should not be that much of an issue for your app. Corroborate with a few people from different backgrounds just to be on the safe side.

thank you in advance for the apps
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    Hey guys,

He's from Germany. I'm sure what he means is someone out here who can speak spanish. Citizen is just his way of conveying that. It's just semantics.
    You're right, thank you. I don't care if you are a citizen or just a resident. Important is that you speak some kind of Spanish as it's spoken in Mexico, Cuba, Puerto Rico, etc. .
    Thanks for all your offers!
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Ok, you probably already have someone assisting you already, but if you still need help, I am an English-Spanish translator and, even though right now I am doing literary translations, I used to translate software for IBM to be sold in Spain and Latin America.

So if you need any help, just email me