Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    (accidently hit enter on the thread title, sorry!)

Anyway, I like to keep things like my Windows taskbar auto-hidden, so maybe the same effect can be achieved with the quicklaunch bar.

There is a function that controls whether or not the quicklaunch bar is hidden, but that's as far as I have gotten. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

SystemManagerService.showQuickLaunch(true/false);
    Last edited by superkyol; 10/01/2009 at 02:56 PM.
    u can hide it thats forsure but why do people want to ?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    I just personally want to know how to hide or unhide it on command.. where is the file that controls it?
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Hiding it would be cool-- and then having the ribbon appear as you slide up on the screen-- this would give a nice clean wallpaper image and still easy access to everything. Sounds like a nice interface to me!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Okay, so far I've found the function that controls the quick launch bar.

SystemManagerService.showQuickLaunch(true/false);

I'm guessing when that line is called, the animations are just done automatically, and only that line is needed.

Now it's just a matter of searching through all of webOS to find every incident of that line occurring, in hopes of finding Luna's boot-up process (when the Palm logo scales up and fades out, and then the OS fades in after)..

..then find out what controls the center button and how to make the quicklaunch bar show or hide whenever you press it while at the home screen. Whew!
    i hope you guys could get this one cause i would love to hide the thing... its really not all that needed
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    I personally would like to hide it so you can see the entire screen. Plus with the wave, it really is sort of redundant.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I personally would like to hide it so you can see the entire screen. Plus with the wave, it really is sort of redundant.
    Exactly. Plus, if anyone can figure out how to make an actual home screen with things like weather and news added right onto the screen (not a background, and not a seperate card that has to be running overtop), there will be that much more space to work with.
    I think this would just make sense
    Quote Originally Posted by superkyol View Post
    Exactly. Plus, if anyone can figure out how to make an actual home screen with things like weather and news added right onto the screen (not a background, and not a seperate card that has to be running overtop), there will be that much more space to work with.

i know it's not exactly what you were talking about... but there is an app called Weatherman and it changes your background picture to a current forcast of your area... kind of cool.... anyway..

i agree.... i never use the wave but thats because i might as well use the bar if it is going to take up that much real estate on my screen but id rather have those precious pixels