Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    In the WebOS 1.2 changelog, it references the addition of 'keywords' in universal search. I have tried these and they work... but they hold so much more potential.

Can someone find out (I wish I had the knowledge to do it) where the relationships are stored and allow us to edit existing keyword associations/create new ones? I would love to get rid of having to use the launcher by simply having to type "games" in universal search and having all my games come up in a similar manner to when I type music and the music app shows.

** Seriously, this would be amazing (and I wouldn't think TOO hard), especially when compared to some of the other crazy crap people here do! I have been trying to figure out the best way to organize my launcher icons, and this is by far the best solution I have come up with. **
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    No responses?

This was even brought up in the most recent blog notice about paid apps. If the tags are being made available to developers, we as homebrewers should be able to edit them.
    I just did a little digging around. The keywords are set in the appinfo.json file in the app's parent folder. For example, look in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.photos/appinfo.json
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    You are a god.... universal search hacks.... here I come!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    What happened to Novaterm? I downloaded the new SDK and that wasn't included!

Edit: I corrected my own hasty discovery
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    SUCCESS:

I edited the devmodeswitcher json file to delete the visibility line, and added a keywords line
    Restarted Luna and GOLDEN! typing 'devmode' in universal search works!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratch59 View Post
    SUCCESS:

I edited the devmodeswitcher json file to delete the visibility line, and added a keywords line
    Restarted Luna and GOLDEN! typing 'devmode' in universal search works!
    Congrats! Good to hear this was really simple and quick to do. I was wondering about this myself. Nice to know I can just pop open the appinfo.json and stick in whatever word I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch59 View Post
    universal search hacks.... here I come!
    I don't know if I'd call that a "universal search hack"... technically... you're not really doing anything to universal search...

haha just being nitpicky. :P