1.    #1  
    Is there a way that my app can know that the phone actually has a signal instead of no bars?
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?

(I don't mean a wifi one, I mean a signal such that it can make an outgoing call.)
  3.    #3  
    *bump*
    An app for this? There already bars at the top of the screen like every other cellphone ever made...
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    An app for this? There already bars at the top of the screen like every other cellphone ever made...
    He means an API for his app to access the signal. That I know of, the interface does not yet exist.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    you can use the connectionmanager service and look for the "isInternetConnectionAvailable" = true to ensure you can get out to the internet. doesn't really do bars or anything though so it may not be what you want

Connection Manager – webOSdev – Palm
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    you can use the connectionmanager service and look for the "isInternetConnectionAvailable" = true to ensure you can get out to the internet. doesn't really do bars or anything though so it may not be what you want

Connection Manager €“ webOSdev €“ Palm
    Hmmm, but I'd assume that would not differentiate between wifi and EVDO. Also, any idea if that is still true when they have a signal (say 1 bar) and can make a call but have no EV icon and possibly even an "R" icon showing? (I ask because I only have the emulator)