Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    While I'd love to say that the battery has never been a concern on this phone, it's just not the case. I'd like a little more control over the battery hogging features as well as an easy way to see what is currently on/off.

I'd like to see an application that in its simplest form puts all the on-off switches in one place for:
    - Data (currently in phone preferences)
    - GPS (currently in location services preferences)
    - Wifi (currently in dropdown and wifi preferences)
    - Bluetooth (currently in dropdown and bluetooth preferences)
    - Airplane mode (currenlty in dropdown)
    - Roam only (to stop carrier switching in bad service areas)
    This would make it easy to check the status of anything that would cause above average battery drain.

In a more complicated form, it could have different profiles for times, locations, and battery drain rates that trigger a combination of the above features turning off or on.
    Quote Originally Posted by vkewalra View Post
    While I'd love to say that the battery has never been a concern on this phone, it's just not the case. I'd like a little more control over the battery hogging features as well as an easy way to see what is currently on/off.

I'd like to see an application that in its simplest form puts all the on-off switches in one place for:
    - Data (currently in phone preferences)
    - GPS (currently in location services preferences)
    - Wifi (currently in dropdown and wifi preferences)
    - Bluetooth (currently in dropdown and bluetooth preferences)
    - Airplane mode (currenlty in dropdown)
    - Roam only (to stop carrier switching in bad service areas)
    This would make it easy to check the status of anything that would cause above average battery drain.

In a more complicated form, it could have different profiles for times, locations, and battery drain rates that trigger a combination of the above features turning off or on.
    Great suggestion! I would vote for this!

For those of us who can't get by 1/2 a day on standby without needing to plug in, this would be very helpful (short of Palm delivering some kind of fix for it).
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Bump: I still think this is a good idea that many users here would find useful.
    Yea, I was working on an app like this. It was making some pretty good progress until I had to sell my Pre... Maybe someday I'll end up finishing it, since it was pretty close to completion.