Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    I know the title might discourage a lot of developers but im going to try to explain it the best i can. Before i begin, I am willing to pay for this APP and others should too.

I've been thinking of an app that enables the user to type in an artist name and song and PLAY that particular song. People might say youtube.com is an easier way of doing this but the problem is, some people don't want to watch the video and sometimes it could be a hassle to find the song.

I'm not a developer but i might have some ideas of approaching this. Maybe there is a way to make an app that searches youtube and grabs ONLY the audio for the end user to listen to. Then the user might have the ability to save the song in a playlist (within the app).

I've found myself plenty of times driving around with a few of my friends. A song will come into discussion and i end up plugging my pre into my stereo and searching youtube for the song. And everyone knows, when you turn the screen off, the song shuts stops. I'm just trying to find a way around this by requesting and APP that grabs a specific song and plays it in the background.

Any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    People search youtube.com for music? That never would have occurred to me. I'd think there must be dozens of sites far more likely to have any given song.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    What sites are you referring to?
    If im looking for a specific song (on my phone) my first search will be youtube
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Lol i guess nobody thinks this APP is useful
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    People search youtube.com for music? That never would have occurred to me. I'd think there must be dozens of sites far more likely to have any given song.
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. I've used YouTube as the primary source of music at parties I throw at my apartment for the past several years. I hook my laptop up to the bigscreen, set out a wireless keyboard and mouse, and allow my guests to listen to whatever songs they want. With tabbed browsing you can let one song play while setting up a queue of others to switch to next. This does require someone at the keyboard to "DJ" so-to-speak, but it always works out extremely well.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teej51685 View Post
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. I've used YouTube as the primary source of music at parties I throw at my apartment for the past several years. I hook my laptop up to the bigscreen, set out a wireless keyboard and mouse, and allow my guests to listen to whatever songs they want. With tabbed browsing you can let one song play while setting up a queue of others to switch to next. This does require someone at the keyboard to "DJ" so-to-speak, but it always works out extremely well.
    Nope, wasn't being sarcastic at all. I think of YouTube as people's uploaded home videos, not as a place for bands or labels to upload their songs. For music I would think last.fm or Pandora or whatshisname's vault - but mostly of my own ripped CDs. Maybe by 'music' you guys really mean 'music videos' - I'm from the generation just before MTV, I don't think about music videos at all. Anyway it sounds like YouTube really is what you guys want, so, go for it, ignore the out-of-touch old geezer :-)