Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    If this has already been requested, please remove my thread or merge.

It's obvious by now that Contacts that had been added to the Pre from another phone either do not propigate to Gmail or do so very sparatically for most people. I would like to see an application that would allow us to convert our contacts on the Pre to a CSV file to easily upload into gmail. Something that is as easy as a click of a button. This would most likely be a one time use since any new contacts do actually sync to gmail both up and down. The primary issue is pre existing contacts that were not already in gmail.
    This has been discussed before, and I think the problem is (as you alluded to) that it's pretty much a limited use app, and so there's not much incentive for someone to write it (and it's non-trivial, and people will get really ****ed at you if you mess up the format).

I keep trying to get the message out to new users to make sure they start with Google Contacts (as opposed to Palm Profile) before you load anything. If you do that, I believe you should be OK and everything should get sync'ed properly.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    This has been discussed before, and I think the problem is (as you alluded to) that it's pretty much a limited use app, and so there's not much incentive for someone to write it (and it's non-trivial, and people will get really ****ed at you if you mess up the format).

I keep trying to get the message out to new users to make sure they start with Google Contacts (as opposed to Palm Profile) before you load anything. If you do that, I believe you should be OK and everything should get sync'ed properly.
    Thanks. I had a feeling it must of come up before but I didn't really see anything specific to it.

I did a chat session with a Palm tech last night and he also said something about Sprint not selecting the correct profile (gmail in this case) when they transfered my contacts. I suppose not everyone wants thier contacts uploaded to thier email server but it sure would have been nice if they would ask.

Now with that said, lets just say that my phone had been set to google as default instead of palm profile when the contacts had been transfered over. Would those contacts still be backed up to my palm profile or could they be synced to the palm profile?