Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Here is something that puzzles me.
    My phone froze up for some stupid reason after installing the new update from palm, I ran webos doctor on it and logged into my palm profile like it asked, i push on the contacts card and see my contacts, but there are no phone numbers in there. I go to my messenger app and all my contacts are gone except 3. I called Sprint and they tried to help me fix it, but they had no luck, they gave me a direct number to call Palm tech support which i did and was on the phone with them for 45 minutes and they could not get my contacts back either, but the strange thing about all this is Palm had me do a partial erase and they said after the phone rebooted i should be able to log back into my palm profile, well after the reboot my phone never gave me the option and just booted to the home screen, so they said do a full erase and the same result. Why won't my phone let me login into my profile to get my contacts back? The tech person said they have not had that issue before and they were going to send my problem to someone else smarter in their tech department and have them call me with in 24-48 hours. Anyone else had this issue and if so maybe you could help me get my contacts back? I personally think i am going to have to go to a Sprint store and take my older phone back and have them transfer my contacts again.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    i would take it back, have them transfer the contacts off old phone, then make sure you do a manual backup while you are in the store just to make sure.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Here is my update on this problem.

Palm told me to take my phone to Sprint and tell them it is malfunctioning, since once again they have no idea what went wrong with my phone. I took it Sprint and explained to them what Palm had me do to the phone and everything, well Sprint must be hard headed because they tried to fix and got on the phone and calmed Palm and guess what, they could not fix it. So here i am wasting 45 minutes of my time trying to get a new phone, well the Sprint tech tells me that they can't fix it and they have never seen anything like that before on the Pre, they told me that Palm is sending me a new phone and it will arrive tomorrow. So do you all think i should take the battery out of my old phone and keep it as a backup when i get my new one? I have to send them my old phone when i receive my new one.