1. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    I know a lot of things are restricted with the WebOS SDK, and 1.2 didn't do much to help. I haven't delved too far into what can and cannot be done, but a few app ideas I have hinge on being able to do certain things. Can anyone tell me if they are possible using the existing Mojo API's please:

> Read & Write to the default calendar (I know you can create your own with full access, but what about the default)?
    > Take a screen-grab
    > Emulate user tap, hold, drag gestures etc.
    > Programatically paste text into any focused control (e.g. textarea on web page, native WebOS widgets etc)

Just wondering if anyone knew off hand if any of the above is possible using the native SDK and provided API's?

Thanks
    Have you actually gone and LOOKED at the palm API?

screen shot -- yes. built in
    paste text -- certainlly into any field in any app you're writing. If you want to paste programmatically into some program OTHER THAN YOUR OWN that's "tricky"

the calendar api exposes all these methods:
    * createCalendar
    * getCalendar
    * listCalendars
    * updateCalendar
    * deleteCalendar
    * createEvent
    * getEvent
    * listEvents
    * updateEvent
    * deleteEvent
    * startTracking
    * getChanges
    * doneWithChanges

Emulate tap hold drag -- again, in YOUR program or in some one ELSE's program. If the latter -- again "tricky"

Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    I know a lot of things are restricted with the WebOS SDK, and 1.2 didn't do much to help. I haven't delved too far into what can and cannot be done, but a few app ideas I have hinge on being able to do certain things. Can anyone tell me if they are possible using the existing Mojo API's please:

> Read & Write to the default calendar (I know you can create your own with full access, but what about the default)?
    > Take a screen-grab
    > Emulate user tap, hold, drag gestures etc.
    > Programatically paste text into any focused control (e.g. textarea on web page, native WebOS widgets etc)

Just wondering if anyone knew off hand if any of the above is possible using the native SDK and provided API's?

Thanks
  3. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Yes I've LOOKED at the Calendar API, but it states "To use this API, you must have an account created through the Accounts API." This in turn states "Note: To prevent unauthorized use of private user data, this API provides access only to records created by your application; that is, you cannot access records owned by another application." so I assume that means you can only access the Calendar data that YOUR app created for instance?
    If that's the case, how does the likes of the missing Sync back up the main calendar?

As for the emulating gestures and pasting etxt, it would be in whatever the active application/card currently is...
    ok

My apollogies. I missed "the default calendar" and you're dead right, it does restrict that.

:-( And it's totally annoying too because I have an app I want to import from that.

Rick
    ok

My apollogies. I missed "the default calendar" and you're dead right, it does restrict that.

:-( And it's totally annoying too because I have an app I want to import from that.

Rick
  6. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    No worries.
    How does the missing sync gain access to the calendar then to perform synchronisation?