I can code apps and make my own modifications but for the life of me I'm not comfortable and not 100% understanding the instructions for pushing the modified patch to the webos-internals repository. So I'm going to post each of the ones I can update on my pre so that someonethat knows how to get them on there can and also so people can test the patch to make sure it is working 100% for everyone.

This is the variation with reduced side margins and more space between columns and two lines of text for long names.

Code:
Index: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
===================================================================
--- .$orig$/$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$app$/$controllers$/$launcher$-$assistant$.$js$
+++ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$app$/$controllers$/$launcher$-$assistant$.$js$
@@ -$10$,$7$ +$10$,$7$ @@ $var$ $LauncherAssistant$ = $Class$.$create$({
 	 */
 	$kBottomFadeHeight$: $0$,

-	$kPageIndicatorSpacing$: $6$, 	/* $spacing$ $between$ $each$ $page$ $indicator$ */
+	$kPageIndicatorSpacing$: $1$, 	/* $spacing$ $between$ $each$ $page$ $indicator$ */
 	$kPageMargin$: $10$, /* $10$ $pixel$ $margin$ $on$ $each$ $side$ $of$ $a$ $page$ */
 	$kTopMargin$: $12$,
 	$kPageWidthNoMargin$: $NaN$,
@@ -$324$,$9$ +$324$,$9$ @@ $var$ $LauncherAssistant$ = $Class$.$create$({
 		$var$ $newAppDiv$ = $($newAppInfo$.$launchPointId$);
 		$Mojo$.$assert$($newAppDiv$ !== $undefined$, &$quot$;$Application$ (%$d$) $was$ $inserted$ $into$ $the$ $DOM$ $but$ $unable$ $to$ $be$ $retrieved$!&$quot$;, $newAppInfo$.$launchPointId$);
 		$if$ ($isNaN$($this$.$kAppWidth$) || $isNaN$($this$.$kAppHeight$)) {
-			$this$.$kAppWidth$ = $newAppDiv$.$getWidth$();
-			$this$.$kAppHeight$ = $newAppDiv$.$getHeight$();
-			$this$.$kAppsPerRow$ = $Math$.$round$($this$.$kPageWidthNoMargin$ / $this$.$kAppWidth$);
+			$this$.$kAppWidth$ = $64$;
+			$this$.$kAppHeight$ = $90$;
+			$this$.$kAppsPerRow$ = $5$;
 		}

$Mojo$.$listen$($newAppDiv$, $Mojo$.$Event$.$tap$, $this$.$onAppTapped$.$bindAsEventListener$($this$));
@@ -$439$,$7$ +$439$,$7$ @@ $var$ $LauncherAssistant$ = $Class$.$create$({
 	/* $determines$ $the$ $position$ $of$ $an$ $app$ $element$ $at$ $appIndex$ $within$ $a$ $page$ */
 	$calculateAppPosition$: $function$($appIndex$) {
 		$return$ {
-			$left$: ((($appIndex$ % $this$.$kAppsPerRow$) * $this$.$kAppWidth$) + $this$.$kPageMargin$),
+			$left$: ((($appIndex$ % $this$.$kAppsPerRow$) * $this$.$kAppWidth$) - $18$),
 			$top$: ($Math$.$floor$($appIndex$/$this$.$kAppsPerRow$) * $this$.$kAppHeight$ + $this$.$kTopMargin$)
 		};
 	},
$Index$: /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$stylesheets$/$launcher$.$css$
===================================================================
--- .$orig$/$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$stylesheets$/$launcher$.$css$
+++ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$stylesheets$/$launcher$.$css$
@@ -$121$,$7$ +$121$,$7$ @@ $body$.$palm$-$default$

.$launcher_page$ .$name$ {	
 	$position$:$absolute$;
-	$top$: $68px$;
+	$top$: $48px$;
     $width$:$100px$;
 	$height$: $34px$;
 	$max$-$height$: $34px$;
@@ -$130$,$7$ +$130$,$7$ @@ $body$.$palm$-$default$
     $color$:$white$;
     $text$-$align$:$center$;
 	$font$-$weight$:$bold$;