1.    #1  
    Will the developers allow direct downloads from web of .zip files, .rar file and etc..? If not all or almost all other smartphones come with the basic function of downloading capabilities directly to the phone. (ex. G1, My Touch, iPhone, Hero, Touch Pro 2 etc etc..)
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ser-1-2-a.html

I share your frustration I suppose. I think the Pre can just be told that the file type is a photo extension and the Pre can be tricked to allow a download and save. I think it can work. Did the old tweak work in WOSQI? I guess I would like to know what the limitations are of the download in browser functionality of 1.20.
  3.    #3  
    I tough download in browser was to fix or include that option to save file. It seems very simple to do. I'm still a newb to the Palm Pre I come from Android and working in that platform but simple basic functions as downloading .zip files are very crucial in certain criteria. Hopefully more people request this function so that it may be resolved.
    The Pre can download zips in 1.2. You just can't do anything with them and they sit in the downloads folder.
    It appears that there have been no imporvements in 1.3.1 in respect to opening .zip files. Been looking for patches with no success. Is there anything out there yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by smkonig View Post
    It appears that there have been no imporvements in 1.3.1 in respect to opening .zip files. Been looking for patches with no success. Is there anything out there yet?
    zip/rar opening is coming to Internalz soon. I announced it a while ago, but various other apps required updates first and now I'm finally coming back to Internalz
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thanks Jason =]. I can't wait for support in Internalz.
    + 1 ....bagillitillizillion